photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Finished ~

Monday, March 17, 2014

Finished ~

Elusion by Claudia Gabel
Completed 3/17
3.5 of 5 stars


I like virtual reality stories. I really didn't think about them, though I don't know why, until I read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, one of my top 5 loved books ever. Since then, I've really enjoyed VR or scavenger hunt reads.

Some do well and hit the mark, others definitely don't. Elusion was in the middle for me.

My main issue with Elusion is that I thought it was a stand alone book. There were no indications that it was the first in a series? Trilogy? Two-parter? Apparently it's meant to go on, but I didn't know that at first. I read it, thinking it was a stand alone and when I got about 75% through it, I thought they are really going to try to wrap it up quickly. Instead, we're left hanging with no conclusion and only more questions than answers.

Regan was mostly likeable for me. I saw there were many negative reviews to this book but Regan was ok to me. She could have been better but she was fine. Other characters, not so much, and my opinions of them kept changing. It was all a bit nuts at time but still overall an enjoyable read.

I would read a 2nd in a series/trilogy/2parter but I'm not holding out high hopes for one, and neither author has done much.

No comments:

Post a Comment