photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: 2015 Challenges ~ February Update

Saturday, February 28, 2015

2015 Challenges ~ February Update

2015 Challenges

Yearly Challenges


I haven't joined most regular year long challenges, as none of them really hold any appeal for me. I read a ton, and some have you not reading much the whole year. My main two year long challenges are just about how much I've read during the year. Both my 2015 Reading Challenge at GoodReads, and the You Read How Many Books? challenge, I have set my goal to read 200 books this year.

This is down from last years overall total because of my gaming PC and playing video games. :) It's been great fun, though it's cut down on my reading, I've been enjoying playing so many new games.

In January I read 31 books, and for February my book count was just at 14! Low for me. My book count for the year is at 45. You can see the books I read over in my February Reading Log.

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Karsyn has
read 0 books toward her goal of 200 books.
hide



The Book Nympho
My only other official (done by a blog elsewhere) year long challenges is the Audiobook Challenge. I've set my goal at the highest level they had ~ Marathoner 50+ ~ and in February, I completed 6 audiobooks, for a total of 22 audiobooks books on the year. As of when I'm writing this, I don't yet have a separate listing of just my audiobooks, something I'll need to do. You can, however, see my GoodReads Audiobooks Read in 2015 shelf on which they are all listed.





I did, however, come up with my own challenge! After I came across the Epic Reads list of 365 Days of YA, I decided to work my way through ALL the books listed and pick out books that I definitely want to read and books that I might read. I had read a handful of the books (21) prior to this year and I started my challenge mid January.

I went through each quarter of the year, as they have it broken down at Epic Reads and I picked out the books that I want to read (40) and the books that I might read (30) for a total of 70 books I have/had some interest in.

In February, I completed 4 books and had 2 DNF. You can see each of my quarters listed below, along with the books I want to read, might read, and have already read. In the link with the set up of the challenge, I requested suggestions on my list, if it be something in my might list that I should read, or something in my want to read that shouldn't be. Let me know!


  • My 365 Days of YA Challenge
  • Winter
  • Completed
    • The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall ~ 1/19 - 3.5/5
    • City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster ~ 1/29 - 3/5
    • Pivot Point by Kasie West ~ 2/21 - 5/5
    DNF
    • Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis ~ DNF @ 25%
  • Spring
  • Completed
    • Reboot by Amy Tintera ~ 1/17 - 4/5
    • Tandem by Anna Jarzab ~ 2/5 - 5/5
    DNF
    • Interworld by Neil Gaiman ~ DNF @ 45%
  • Summer
  • Completed
    • Don't Turn Around ~ 1/17 - 4/5
    • Fairest ~ 2/15 - 3 stars
    DNF
    • They All Fall Down by Roxanne St Claire ~ DNF @ 7%
  • Autumn
  • Completed
    • Rebel by Amy Tintera ~ 1/17 - 3.5/5
    • Split Second by Kasie West ~ 2/28 - 5/5


Quarterly Challenges

I enjoy the Quarterly Challenges more, because at least the one I have been doing so far, has me reading more. The main one (so far) I am doing is the Book Bingo from Great Imaginations. The first Bingo Card of the year was the New Years Edition, and runs the first Quarter of the year. I'm almost done with my card. I have finished 20 books. I'm still working on one that I listed and I probably will get to at least 2 more. We'll see how I end up! :)


How have YOUR 2015 Challenges been going so far? Anyone signed up for anything GOOD (many books) that I might like?!


No comments:

Post a Comment