photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Book Review: Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Book Review: Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North


The Book:



The Blurb:

All the world forgets me. First my face, then my voice, then the consequences of my deeds.
So listen. Remember me.

My name is Hope Arden, and you won't know who I am. We've met before - a thousand times. But I am the girl the world forgets.

It started when I was sixteen years old. A slow declining, an isolation, one piece at a time.

A father forgetting to drive me to school. A mother setting the table for three, not four. A teacher who forgets to chase my missing homework. A friend who looks straight through me and sees a stranger.

No matter what I do, the words I say, the people I hurt, the crimes I commit - you will never remember who I am.

That makes my life tricky. But it also makes me dangerous . . .

The Review:

Received from NetGalley for my honest review
Completed June 26, 2016
472 pages - Kindle Edition

This book is a hard one to rate. I liked it, and I LOVED about the first half of it, but then it just kept getting duller and duller and went on and on and got tedious. I like to rant/talk a lot, but some of the dialogue was 1 person talking for a full page about scientific stuff that made my eyes hurt. It just lost me somewhere around 60% and I just really wanted it to be over with, which is a shame because it started out so well.

The good: the concept, the 1st half of the book, Hope, what she was able to do and how she did it. She was lovable, for a thief.

The not-so-good: The writing style at times, unique but not something I liked. The "definitions" that made me feel like I was reading a dictionary have of the time.

The bad: the scientific stuff that went on and on and on. The 1 page dialogue from one person just rambling. The length. If this book was closer to 300 pages instead of 500 pages, all the dull stuff could have been taken out and all the fun good stuff left in and it would have been a great book.

Setting = B
Plot = A (execution of plot sliding scale from A to C)
Conflict = B
Characters = C
Theme = A+

The Rating:



Enjoyable, equally good and ok. (3 stars)



1 comment:

  1. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea but the cover's beautiful! :)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete