photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Dewey's 24 Hour R-a-T: Mid-Event Survey

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour R-a-T: Mid-Event Survey



Still here and doing well. How is everyone else doing? Checking in now, since my 12-16th hours were more hectic with Hubby around and watching some of the Cubs game. Nats/Rays fan here but glad for Maddon (former manager of the Rays) and I like some of the players.

So, here's where I was at 8pm my time (mid point) and where I am now (12:30am my time).



Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
At Hour 8, the mid way point, I was just getting started on "The Stepmother" by Caroline Lee.  It's a part of the Everland series, a western spin on classic Fairy Tales.  It ended up being my least favorite book.  Now, at 12:30am (Hour 17) I will be starting "Seal's Honor" by Elle James on audio to give my aching eyes a rest.

2. How many books have you read so far?
At the 12th hour I was starting on my 8th book of the day.  Now at Hour 17 I will be starting on my 10th.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Same answer as before, none really, as I got them to read specifically for Wobble, a reading challenge I've been a part of for the last 5 months.  But after Dewey's is over, I plan on starting "The Martian" for a quest for the challenge and I'm VERY excited to re-read it as it is one of my favorites!

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Just my Husband.  We can't go very long without talking to each other, so He was talking to me a while before letting me read.  But then we had to watch the end of the Cubs game as well.  So during the day I read without interruptions (except to feed the dog), then it was staggered reading in between about 8pm and 11pm (my hours 12-16).  Now Hubby is in bed for the night, I've updated my latest books, I'm posting this and getting in a solid 7+ hours uninterrupted.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Nada.  Same old thing.  Same boring (sorry, but they are) questions, same boring challenges.  I'm amusing myself over here with my books and that's really all that matters to me.  I have visited about 25 or so blogs and I plan on visiting more after my eyes have rested.





No comments:

Post a Comment