photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Updated Book Review Policy - January 2021

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Updated Book Review Policy - January 2021

Long overdue Update to my Book Review Policy




At this time I will only BETA or ALPHA read, and perhaps be a CP if we were to click.

To my own surprise, I became an author. I just don't have time for reviewing anymore, as I wish I could find my own reviews! Yes, it's hard, I get it, but just keep writing.

That said, I'll talk to other authors, especailly erotic / erotic romance authors and/or authors who are still working on their craft and open to honest critique.

I no longer read as a reader, I read as a writer, and I' A LOT tougher on books!!

I'm honest, but unforgiving when it comes to basic craft. If you use passive voice, tons of vague words, are repetitive, and have blinding grammar errors then I'd be harsh on a review. I'd rather help out in the Alpha or Beta stages in those cases.





Old Info - just for the rest of it



I receive at least 1 book review request a month, which I know isn't much, compared to big blogs out there. But still, authors find their way to me and I thank them for that. Unfortunately, I haven't accepted a book to review in QUITE a while.

I've updated my Genre Preferences List which was sadly very behind as my tastes have changed a LOT. But, I don't feel like authors look at that, or read this page, because 90% of what I've been receiving are books I've clearly stated I won't read. The other 10% just don't appeal to me.

I know I'm only one small blog among the thousands that you can chose from, but I have to ask that if you want myself (or any blogger really) to review, please please take the time to: 1 ~ address me by my name. When I receive generic emails, I almost always am not interested right from the start. If you want my time, take two seconds to put in my name. It's not like you have to search for it, it IS in the title of the blog after all. 2 ~ Please, also check my genre preferences, even if just the little bit below. I'm not a typical female reader. I don't like a lot of the newer stuff coming out right now, so please don't waste my time or yours. Check to see if I'd like what you have written.

This is the MOST important paragraph on this page!!


At the very least, for me know this ~ I prefer ACTION to talking. I prefer women who kick ass, not who go shopping. I like tough guys who swoop in to save the day with guns blazing. I'll pick out a mystery, suspense, thriller over a romance any day. I like mind games and serial killers, I like crazy virtual reality, I like to be kept guessing and have the bad guy NOT be the obvious choice. I like BDSM done the RIGHT way, full of SSC sex and trust. I will NOT read Dark Erotica or any books without a safeword. If the book is more like that 50 Shades (of crap) book and less like the amazing Cherise Sinclair, turn around right now, I want nothing to do with it! I do NOT read "emotional" books. If the words "emotional", "roller coaster" (and doesn't refer to the ride which I love), "heartwarming", "deeply moving".... ect appear in the blurb, I won't read it. If it's more Nicolas Sparks (who I've never read and never will) and less like the amazing Matthew Reilly, look elsewhere, there's plenty of emotional women that want your story, but it isn't me. I don't like to cry, I will NOT read books with pregnancies or young babies in it.

Sorry to add this new part, but I've gotten requests lately that are not anything near what I would read. So, I'm hoping to put this back out there as a reminder. Thank you for your time and your consideration.


  • At this time (October 2018), I AM accepting book review requests, but I am PICKY
  • I'll accept any form of book (digital, audio or physical), Mobi is best for digital
  • As you are looking for my time and consideration, I ask the same of you. Please take the time to address me personally, know my genre preferences, send a brief synopsis of your book and only send me those books which I would read.
  • If you are offering the 2nd (or more) in a series, be prepared to offer the first one as well, so I can understand the stories
  • The short list of genres I prefer. See a more extensive list ~ Genre Preferences List
  • (Updated October 2018)
    1. Fantasy / Urban Fantasy / Low Fantasy
    2. Science Fiction / Time Travel / LitRPG
    3. Mystery / Thriller / Suspense
    4. Action / Adventure
    5. Young Adult / Middle Grade (action packed, clues/hunts only)
    6. AT THIS TIME, I'm not reading Romance
  • Genres I do NOT like ~
    1. Chick Lit / Contemporary / Girlie books / Women Fiction
    2. Dark Erotica
    3. New Adult!! NO New Adult
    4. Non-Fiction, Biographies
    5. Religion, Spirituality

With my review ~
  • You'll receive an Honest review, this includes if I dislike it.
  • Review put on my blog, GoodReads and Amazon
  • No lengthy Synopsis that you see in most reviews ~ that's what GoodReads is for. I'll put a brief synopsis, but most will be my thoughts and opinions on the book.
  • I'll strive to have a review up within a week of receiving the book from you. I will let you know if there will be a delay. Do feel you can message me once for an update.


If your are interested in having me review your book, you can click the letter to the left, or send me a message at GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment