photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: March Reading Log

Monday, March 31, 2014

March Reading Log

I hope you enjoy reading about what I've been reading!

ImzadiRose's March Reading Log ~ 15 completed books


01 ~ Delirium (Delirium 01) by Lauren Oliver
Completed 3/2
4 of 5 stars
I read this for Carpe Librum’s book club, and I enjoyed it, a LOT. In it, they have found a cure for the most deadly disease ~ Love. Lena believes the things she’s been told about that deadly thing called Love until she meets Alex and she learns that some things she’s led to believe are lies. I’d definitely HATE living this way, I definitely wouldn’t want that kind of control over me again. They are told what to watch, listen to and read, sorta similar to Matched by Ally Condie, in that way.


02 ~ All our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Completed 3/04
3.5 of 5 stars
I mostly liked this book, it was definitely different from things I have read before. There were some confusing parts and I wasn’t sure what was going on part of the time but it was a fun read. It says it’s the first in a series, trilogy or something with more than 1 book but I really don’t know how that is going to work out. I would read the next book to see.


03 ~ Buried (Bone Secrets 03) by Kendra Elliot
Completed 3/7
3 of 5 stars
Unlike the 2nd book in this “Bone Secrets” series, this one was actually about bones again, so yay. It took me forever to get into this one, and I put it aside for new releases then came back to it, but I ended up mostly liking it in the end. This one involved missing children from years ago and two siblings of the missing kids who team up to get some answers once the remains of the kids, and more, are found.


04 ~ Beauty from Pain (Beauty 01) by Georgia Cates
Completed 3/08
4 of 5 stars
This was an erotica read, so no details, but it was an enjoyable book. Seemingly typical now, since the 50 Shades craze ~ girl meets wealthy man, but it was a fun read none the less.


05 ~ Alone (Bone Secrets 04) by Kendra Elliot
Completed 3/9
4 of 5 stars
This was a good read. It was about the bone dr Victoria who everyone thought was an Ice Queen. Then Seth shows back up in her life and she melts into the teen she was when they met. It reminded me a lot of my relationship with my hubby and how we got together after not seeing each other for 7 years. Only difference was, only he was in love with me. While I loved him, I wasn’t IN love with him, at least back then. :)


06 ~ Doomed by Tracy Deebs
Completed 3/12
4 of 5 stars
This was a good and interesting concept. On her 17th birthday, Pandora receives an email from her long gone father, with it some photos of her childhood alongside him. Later that day, the world goes dark as everything starts to shut down. Pandora has to play a virtual reality game called Pandora’s Box to stop the world from being destroyed. Good characters, fun story.


07 ~ Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters 01) by Alethea Kontis
Completed 3/14
4 of 5 stars
The description of this one caught my eye on GoodReads and I didn’t even read it all because I just wanted to read about it in the book. Such a cute little story with tons of fairy tale references. Normally, that’s not my thing, but I guess recently watching Once Upon a Time opened me up to it, and I actually liked it.


08 ~ Elusion by Claudia Gabel
Completed 3/17
3.5 of 5 stars
I went back and forth on what to rate this, so I'd say a 3.5. Another virtual reality read. I thought the book was interesting, Regan was a likable character. It kept me mostly guessing. Around 75% I started to wonder where it was going because it was no where near resolved and the end was coming quick. I thought it was a stand alone, as I've seen no info on a 2nd book. It clearly is NOT a stand alone, and there needs to be info saying so. I definitely didn't like being left hanging so I hope for another book.


09 ~ The Night Owl by M. Pierce
Completed 3/21
1 of 5 stars
I won’t give any details because this was an erotica, but I ended up hating this book. I liked the first half even though the guy was a jerk. I thought it was just because he valued his privacy, but nope. He was actually was an ass and I hated him and I won’t read the rest of this series or this author.


10 ~ Deathly Hallows ~ by J.K.R
Completed 3/21
5 of 5 stars
This completed my night time re-read of Harry Potter, listen to the audio. It was fun, and lasted about 5 months, so I don’t know what to listen to next! :)


11 ~ Cold Killing (Sean Corrigan 01) by Luke Delaney
Completed 3/24
3 of 5 stars
I was looking for another good serial killer writer, like my favorite Chris Carter. It didn’t come with this book. This was OK. It was about a killer who killed randomly with no patterns, and the cop who was chasing him who has his own demon filled past that helps him get into the mind of a killer and he connection cases that had no real reason to be connected, just because he “felt” they were. His other books in this series are really well rated, so I think I’ll give him another try, at some point.


12 ~ NYPD Red 2 by James Patterson & Marshall Karp
Completed 3/27
4 of 5 stars
I’m a Marshall Karp fan, so I follow this series. It’s really enjoyable. It’s about a pair of special crime unit detectives who are in charge of the celebrity cases, when something bad happens to someone important. In this one, people are kidnapped and forced to make a taped confession to a crime they committed. It was a great enjoyable read.


13 ~ Mind over Magic (Psych 02) by William Rabkin
Completed 3/29
2 of 5 stars
I’m a fan of the Psych series (except the final season, it sucked except for the finale) and I enjoyed the 1st tie in book but this one I just couldn’t get into at all. I’ve been trying to finish it for months, so I finally made myself do so. Shawn and Gus investigate a murder at an exclusive Magician’s club. It was soooooo boring.


14 ~ Dead Inside: Do not Enter by Lost Zombies
Completed 3/29
3 of 5 stars
This was a very quick but not a bad read. Not a typical story, this is the story of a zombie apocalypse told through scraps of paper, notes and texts. It was enjoyable for what it was.


15 ~ Taking Liberty (Gabe Quinn 03) by Keith Houghton
Completed 3/31
4 of 5 stars
This book was mostly good. I had some issues, mainly that out of half dozen things going on, I figured everything out but one. Only one thing was a surprise to me. I prefer not to know what’s going on, but hey, I’m smart. :) Gabe Quinn is a cop turned temp FBI agent and this book had too many things going on to explain them all. It was enjoyable, I like this series by an unknown author.

No comments:

Post a Comment