photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Challenges Update

Friday, July 11, 2014

Challenges Update

It's been about 6 weeks since I updated my challenges, so I thought I'd give an update.

I LOVE doing challenges. It helps me pick books to read next in my ever growing TBR pile. They are always fun and I don't pressure myself to finish at all (though I usually do) I just have a ton of fun doing them.

First up is the 2014 Book of the Year Bracket Challenge from Erratic Project Junkie.

So far I have 22 books out of all I have read on the bracket. Not many but so far I'm only going with books I rated 5 stars and a few really good 4 stars. If, at the end of the year, I need a few more, I'll fill it in with other 4 star books, and great 3 stars, if needed.




I chose to raise my year goal at GoodReads from 152 to 200. I have read 126 books, which is 63% and 22 books ahead of schedule.

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Karsyn has
read 126 books toward her goal of 200 books.
hide



Along with my GoodReads challenge, the 2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program is running May 1st through Sept 1st. I chose to set my goal at 75 for that one, and I'm gonna surpass that goal by quite a bit probably.

2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program
How many books do you hope to read from May 1 to September 1?

You have read 64 books toward your goal of 75 books.
64 of 75 (85%)
Awesome, you're 21 books (28%) ahead of schedule!


For a swap in my group at Swap-Bot we did a Reading Bingo, where we had to finish at least 1 Bingo in 2 months. Here's what my finished Bingo's were ~


Linked Books are links to my review.

The 50/50 Killer by Steve Mosby (number in Title)
Completed 6/18
3 of 5 stars

My Lucky Life by Dick Van Dyke (Non-Fiction)
Completed 6/3
4 of 5 stars

Black Chalk by Christopher J. Yates (Mystery)
Completed 6/8
3 of 5 stars

The Collector by Nora Roberts (Best Seller)
Completed 5/25
5 of 5 stars

The Sybian Club by Selena Kitt (Person on cover)
Completed 6/8
4 of 5 stars

Splintered (Splintered 01) by A.G. Howard (One Word Title)
Completed 6/6
4 of 5 stars

Inkdeath (Inkworld 03) by Conelia Funke (Over 500 pages ~ 683)
Completed 6/23
3 of 5 stars

The Prince of Mist (Niebla 01) by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (More than 10yrs old ~ 1999)
Completed 6/27
4 of 5 stars

The Immortal Crown (Age of X 02) by Richelle Mead (2nd in series)
Completed 6/8
4 of 5 stars



If that wasn't enough Bingo fun, I joined the Summer Edition Bingo hosted by Great Imaginations. It started July 1st and runs through for three months. Here is what I have completed, so far ~



Nil by Lynne Matson (set on an island)
Completed 7/1
4 of 5 stars

Innocent Prey (Brown & De Luca 03) by Maggie Shayne (dog companion)
Completed 7/2
5 of 5 stars

Obsession (Faces of Evil 01) by Debra Webb (a thriller)
Completed 7/4
4 of 5 stars

The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman (a middle grade book)
Completed 7/5
3 of 5 stars

Library of Shadows by Mikkel Birkegaard (set in Europe ~ Denmark)
Completed 7/9
3.5 of 5 stars

Not Your Damn Submissive (Denial 01) by Amy Valenti (summer release ~ May 2014)
Completed 7/10
2 of 5 stars

Invisible by James Patterson (Road Trip ~ killer travels country)
Completed 7/10
4 of 5 stars


Finally, my awesome group at GoodReads ~ Nothing But Reading Challenges ~ is doing a Wheel-a-Thon Team Challenge, which is a Spell-it-Out challenge. Every week, a new genre on the wheel will be chosen for each team and that team must read books that spell out the genre. We get points for spelling out the genre as well as if we also read a book from that genre. Looks like it will be so much fun! First team to 1000 points wins. Go Team Astronomers! :)


That's it, for now. It seems like a lot, but it's really not, with the Summer Reading Program and Yearly GoodReads just being all the books that I'm reading and everything can fit where it can on each challenge. I will have a new one soon, as soon as I think of the next one for my Swap-Bot Group. :)



2 comments:

  1. You're doing awesome! I wish I could say I've read that much. I did already meet my goal for Summer Reading Challenge. It was only 15 books but I'm glad I did if!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are kicking some serious challenge butt! I am in awe of your reading count!

    ReplyDelete