photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: October Month of Reviews ~ #1 - Time's Divide by Rysa Walker

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October Month of Reviews ~ #1 - Time's Divide by Rysa Walker



For October, I am bound and determined to get caught up on my NetGalley Reviews, something I've been trying to do for a while. I've been turned down for a few books probably because of my ratio, currently sitting at 72%. Here's to getting reviews out for all the books I've read and getting to the other books that I haven't yet read.


Finished ~ Time's Divide (Chronos Files 03) by Rysa Walker
Completed 9/12/15
5 of 5 stars
543 page Kindle book
Expected Publication ~ 10/20/15


I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

If you are a fan of time travel stories and haven't read Rysa Walker's Chronos Files books ~ you must right now!! This series is sooooooo good and I'm sooooo sad it is over. It's hard to review a 3rd, and final, book in a series as I don't want to give any spoilers for those people who haven't even started the first one, but I'll try my best.

In the first book, we meet Kate who finds out that her grandmother is a time traveler. Kate is discovered as having the same ability to travel through time when she sees a medallion of her that glows blue for her. It glows for people who can travel through time, though they see different colors. For those who can't travel, they just see regular metal. Kate finds out all these things she never knew about her family and finds out, among other things, that someone has tampered with the timeline and things have changed, though she doesn't know, at the time, that they have.

It's a wild and crazy ride with tons of great characters, tons of characters you hate and a great storyline. This third book picks right up where the others left off and though there is tons of traveling through time, only actual months (or less) have passed through all the books. There are some short stories that give some insight into some of the other characters, and they definitely shouldn't be missed.

The 3rd book, Time's Divide, is a fast paced book from start to finish. Kate is traveling all over the place from a few places in the past to a few in the distant future. Kate is trying to right some wrongs that have been done, as well as prevent something more awful from happening. In this one, she has some allies, as well as some more against her, and she pretty much is going non-stop through the full book trying to make things the way they should be.

There isn't really anything negative I could say about the book or about the series in general. I'd only suggest if you get confused by a TON of characters and things always changing, than you read all the books back to back to back, otherwise some things might start to get confusing, as there are a lot of people in the books and, often, multiple versions of some characters!

It was a FANTASTIC book, from start to finish. The whole series is so great, and I hate that it is over, I definitely wanted more! If you have any kind of interest in time travel / sci fi stories with a little bit of romance thrown in (not a driving force of the story) this series is for you. I've loved every book in the series and I just wish there were more!!

Setting = A
Plot = A+
Conflict = A+
Characters = A+
Theme = A+



All the books in the Chronos Series (linked to GoodReads) ~






No comments:

Post a Comment