photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: October Month of Reviews ~ #2 - Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October Month of Reviews ~ #2 - Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe



For October, I am bound and determined to get caught up on my NetGalley Reviews, something I've been trying to do for a while. I've been turned down for a few books probably because of my ratio, currently sitting at 72% 74%. Here's to getting reviews out for all the books I've read and getting to the other books that I haven't yet read.


Finished ~ Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky 01) by Megan Crewe
Completed 1-/6/15
4.25 of 5 stars
308 page Kindle book



I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

So far for my reviews, time travel is a theme. Here's another one with Earth & Sky.

This wasn't my favorite book ever, I can't list it even if my top dozen or so, but I'm not sure what it is about it that has it being really great, but keeps it from being ~ "OMG this is absolutely Fantastic".

Earth & Sky is about a girl named Skylar who, most of her life has had feelings of "WRONG" when she looks at something, as if whatever she is looking at shouldn't be there, but it is. After a particular strong feeling of "wrong" she's approached by Win and told a crazy story about how earth is being watched, and experimented on, by aliens. That her feelings of "wrong" are when something, somewhere, in the time line has been changed. Sky is sensitive enough to feel it, and sense it. Win asks for her help to find something they need so they can stop the experiments on the planet and let the earthlings live their lives without constant changes.

It was a really fun and enjoyable book. I really liked the concept of it, though I couldn't help but think that the whole thing seemed pointless. So some weird alien race is messing with some things in the past that affect a few, so far small, things in the future. Besides Skylar, and maybe some others we don't know about here and there, no one else knows about this, so it's almost a pointless endevour to be undertaking, but it's the story so what do I know.

Skylar is OK. She wasn't my favorite character ever. She's going some annoying OCD going on where when she freaks out she rubs some beads and multiplies by 3. She looks for patterns in things to help her calm down. It got annoying as it happened EVERY time she got freaked out, and she got freaked out, a LOT. She was also very condescending of Win. She acted like HE was treating her badly, like a tool, but I didn't get that from him at all. He's alien and of course he's not going to know proper etiquette. I thought she was a lot less accommodating of him, than he was of her. Like she was amazed by him when he was experiencing wide spaces, trees or snow for the first time, but when he kisses her, just to try it, she freaks out and says he's using her.

Skylar's annoying traits aside, the time travel aspect was fantastic. The tech that was used in the book was new and different and it was neat all the places they traveled to find all the things that had been changed. Of course they are trying to find changes for someone on the good side, and I think it's pretty dumb that he made changes, what they were trying NOT to do, so that what he wanted found would be found. It was a bunch of conflicting actions / stories going on there.

Still, overall, it was a fun and enjoyable book. I definitely can't wait to read more and see what happens next. I do hope that Skylar will calm down some, but I doubt that will happen. Still, I'm hopeful the rest of the story will be just as fun and enjoyable!


Setting = A
Plot = A+
Conflict = A
Characters = B+
Theme = A+




No comments:

Post a Comment