photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: October Month of Reviews #7 ~ Dream Caller by Michelle Sharp

Saturday, October 31, 2015

October Month of Reviews #7 ~ Dream Caller by Michelle Sharp



For October, I am bound and determined to get caught up on my NetGalley Reviews, something I've been trying to do for a while. Of course, since I started my "month of reviews" I've requested (and been given) 4 more books. LOL! My ratio is 77% now. Here's to getting reviews out for all the books I've read and getting to the other books that I haven't yet read.


Finished ~ Dream Caller (Dream Seeker 02) by Michelle Sharp
Completed 10/31
3 of 5 stars


I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

I loved the first book in this series. I didn't read the 2nd one (which was just a novella, so not sure why on GR, this one is listed at book 3, when it should be book 2) but it seems as not too much time has passed. I was excited to read this one, but didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first.

Jordan is a cop who "sees" the dead, often during or soon after they have been murdered. The book starts off with her having another vision of a young woman being killed. In the mean time, her boyfriend, Ty, is off investigating a murder. They have just moved in together, so there are a few bumps in the relationship. She's also found out something big about her past and her father, so she's investigating that.

The story of the murder investigation was kind of boring. First off, she has a dream of a murder and he's called off to a murder and she doesn't at all suspect she could be dreaming about that murder? That seems kind of weak. Then, when she does find out (days later) she doesn't tell him right away. Then the murder was very obvious. No, we didn't know the details but I did know a generalization of who it was, no mystery there.

My biggest issue with this book, and it seems to be most people's biggest issue with it, is the insecurity of Jordan about her relationship. Now, I don't completely blame her, but I blame Ty for not telling her all his sexual past. The whole thing wouldn't have been an issue if when they got together, they just told each other all their pasts. Then she would have known about her and when she shows back up, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But I think the whole thing was just WAY overdone, just to create some drama. I hate drama for the sake of drama, which I've said many times, and there was a whole lot of that going on here. That, with the story just being OK, made for a pretty dull book. I liked a few parts of it, like when she finally stood up for herself, but other than that, it was a pretty forgettable book, but not awful.

Setting = A
Plot = B-
Conflict = B
Characters = C
Theme = B




No comments:

Post a Comment