photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Finished ~ The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Finished ~ The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Finished The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Completed 4/8
5 of 5 stars

This book was unlike any book I have read previously, and a book that I would have previously said that I would not read. I am not sure what made me decide to read it, when I came across the description at GoodReads, but I'm so gald that I did. It was a fantastic book.

In it, Daniel discovers a book and sets out to find other books by the same author, only to find that he may have the only one still in existence. Someone has sought out, and destroyed, all other of the authors works. Daniel tries to figure out why.

I can't describe how different of a book for me to read that this is. Sure, I read mystery, but not like this. It was so good I stayed up until 3am just to finish it. I recommend it to anyone who loves mysteries and who is willing to give something a bit different a try. I am glad that I did.

2 comments:

  1. Hey kimt1989 from swap-bot here

    I don't usually read mysteries but from your review this seems like a really exciting book to read, I'll have to look into it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great idea to read books out of one's comfort zone. Opens the door for growth and new ideas. Doesn't bother me that you are an atheist. I'm a Christian, but I"m open minded. Glad you are too.

    Coleen
    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete