photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Video Game Review ~ The Unfinished Swan

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Video Game Review ~ The Unfinished Swan



I just finished the video game The Unfinished Swan on my PS3 and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!

I'm (at the core, though I play many kinds of games) a puzzle adventure player. My favorite game is Portal, I've played the old games Myst, Riven, and games most people haven't heard of, such as 7th Guest and Shivers.

I'm always looking for a new puzzle adventure game and when I came across the description of The Unfinished Swan at the PlayStation Store, I had to try the demo, and I was hooked!

The premise of the game is that you are Monroe, a small boy who has lost his mother. All you have of her is an unfinished painting of a swan. That night, you discover a door and walking through you enter a COMPLETELY white world. You can't see anything, not the door you came out of, nothing in front of you, it's just WHITE.



Pushing buttons, you discover you can throw a black ball of ink, that will splatter on the object around you, revealing the world.



You can use as little or as much ink to reveal what is around you as you want, it was better to not saturate it, as to see details.



Not only was it a really fun game to play, with figuring out how to use what you have (you don't always have the black ink) but it was a beautiful game as well. I completely enjoyed it and was so glad that I got it. I only wish it was longer. The gameplay was fun, the story was cute and it was just an overall enjoyable experience that I didn't want to end!

I highly recommend it for anyone with a PS3.



1 comment: