photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Read Play Blog 1 & 2 ~ new feature!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Read Play Blog 1 & 2 ~ new feature!



Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, and recommend a video game that is similar to a book they liked. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away.

The Info about Read Play Blog ~
What is Read Play Blog?

A monthly meme about video games and books!

How does Read Play Blog work?

Every month, we’ll ask you a discussion question about your VG interests and recommend a game based on a book we liked. We’ll have a linky, and you can make your own post answering the question and recommendation, and link up!

When does the post go up?

On the 16th of every month to pay homage to retro 16 bit games.

Who can participate in Read Play Blog?

Anyone who likes video games! No matter the genre or age, whether you like action/shoot-em-ups or story-driven RPGs or point-and-click games, or if you’re a new gamer or a seasoned one, you’re very welcome to participate!



Woohoo. I just came across this from a blog that I follow. It's a monthly posting for readers who are gamers! :) Just the thing for me! Each month, on the 16th, there will be gaming questions. Since I'm coming onto the scene late, I'm doing the first two now that I found it, and I'll do the rest on the 16th.


Read Play Blog 1


Question: How did you get into gaming?


I've been playing video games as long as I can remember. The earliest game I remember loving was Goonies as well as all the Mario games. I wish I had all my old game/systems, but I lost them all in moves.


Recommendation: What do you recommend for new gamers?


I really don't recommend games to others. I don't know a lot of gamers, especially new gamers. I guess I would suggest The Unfinished Swan. It's lightly puzzle-y, and just a beautiful game. Probably a good game for those starting out. You start in a completely white room, and have balls of black ink to throw that reveals the world around you. It's so pretty and fun. Here was My Review of it.


Currently Playing: What game you are currently playing?


Right now, I'm reading more than playing. I'm doing BoB as well as a GoodReads team challenge. Most recently I played and finished Batman Arkham Origins. It wasn't as good as Asylum or City but it had it's good points. I Reviewed it Here. I also still play GTAV Online now and then, mostly making races and racing them with my gamer friends.



Read Play Blog 2
Favorite Gaming Genre



What is your favorite gaming genre?


My favorite gaming genre is Puzzle Adventure. I've been playing Puzzle Adventure games for years, and I LOVE them. My husband is about mindless gaming, just shooting things up. I actually like to think when I play my games. Weird, I know!!

My favorite puzzle adventure games are Portal 1 & 2.

In Portal, you are a test subject that wakes up in some sort of room. A voice tells you that you must get through a series of tests. You do that with a Portal Gun. A gun that makes portals that creates a passage through them. So, if you put a orange portal on the ground, and a blue portal way up high, you can fall into the orange, coming out the blue. You can change them to be able to fly out of them and everything. You use the portals to get your way out of the rooms that you are trapped in.

I started playing Puzzle Adventure games years ago with games such as Shivers, and 7th Guest. Not many people have heard of them. Some of the games I have loved have been ~




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for participating in RPB! Very happy to have you on board. :D

    Portal! I really want to play it and its sequel so bad! I'm not 100% awesome at puzzle games, but I think playing them gives my brain a good workout. Then there's GLaDOS' ending song that is just so darn catchy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MYST was my childhood, OMG. I couldn't solve it on my own, though: I definitely needed one of those hints/walkthrough books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Thank you so much for joining in Karsyn, I am so excited to see more gaming recs from everyone. I totally agree with Puzzle Adventures, Portal is one of my favourites, and how epic was Portal 2? I haven't heard of The Unfinished Swan but it sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see your preferred gaming platform coming up on the 16th :)

    ReplyDelete