photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Journey of a Gaming PC ~ Part 1

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Journey of a Gaming PC ~ Part 1



Faithful readers of my blog (the few of you that there are) may remember that I'm SUPER excited about my upcoming Gaming PC build I am doing. My journey began today, when I purchased all the components that I need for my PC! I am super excited to be able to build this gaming PC. While it'll take away some of my reading time (ok, a LOT) I do love gaming as well. :)

I'm so grateful to my Hubby who bought these for me. I've been researching tons for the past few months, getting the best build I could, for what I could spend.

I know this won't mean much to most of you, but for any of the computer geeks (I say that with love) I thought you might wanna see what I'm going to be up to. My case is above, and as for the rest of my parts ~

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card
Case: DIYPC Solar-M1-R ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified


Now I just wish it was HERE already. It's going to be hard waiting on that last part to arrive. Hopefully it'll all come quickly!! I hope you'll check back with me as I update you all on my parts as they come in and my rig as I build it!!

And, it's already named! :) Anyone wanna guess what my gaming PC will be called? Take a few guesses, and next time, I'll give a hint. :)

See ya all tomorrow for the first update of "Love of Books" Read-a-Thon. Gotta get in some books before all my time is spent elsewhere! :)

Journey of a Gaming PC ~ Part 2 ~ Waiting is Torture


3 comments:

  1. Nooo idea on your compy's name. Hints, please!

    Also, AHHH! I am so excited to (maybe?) get to play some games with you! You're going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hint ~ it's from a book ~ though not one you've read, so you probably won't figure it out :(

      Would love to play some games with you! :)

      Delete
  2. So exciting that you're getting your own gaming pc! My boyfriend is planning to built his own gaming pc this summer. Although all the technical terms don't tell me much as I am not that knowledgeable. I usually ask other people for help when it comes to whcih computer to buy. I got a new pc last year and I am still really happy with how it performs and how I can play much more games then before and they look better.

    ReplyDelete