photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Dewey's 24 Hour R-a-T: Wrap-Up

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour R-a-T: Wrap-Up



And another Dewey's coming to a close! It was a pretty good one, not my best, but still enjoyable and once again, I made it the full 24 hours. Of course now I'm probably getting a 5th wind and won't be able to take a nap, but I'll try anyways. :D


Which hour was most daunting for you?
3-4am.  My eyes were hurting, so I listened to a crappy audiobook while I rested my eyes.  It was almost enough to put me to sleep, but I don't sleep well anyways, so there wasn't much chance of that.  I got a 2nd (or 3rd) wind around 5am.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I actually read a really cute Fairy Tale retelling series by Caroline Lee.  It was Westerns set in the 1700s.  It was straight retellings but really cute.  I really loved the Beauty and the Beast one.  

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
Yeah, but nothing seems to change.  I do like how the cheerleader stuff changed, but still didn't see anyone this way.  I only got to about 30 blogs, but hope to visit some more after a nap to see how people did.
 

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
My own personal reading.

How many books did you read?
Completed 12, and about 25% of a 13th book

What were the names of the books you read?
See Below

Which book did you enjoy most?
The Martian, which is a re-read for the 4th or 5th time.  It's for a challenge so I tacked it onto the end of the night rather than later in the day like I first was going to do.  New to me book, my favorite would have been Beauty by Caroline Lee.

Which did you enjoy least?
Seal's Desire by Elle James

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Will be a Reader again next year, if I'm back into books by then.  With a 400+ year, and a 225+ during the last 4 months, I may still be on a well deserved break from books when Dewey's comes around next.  :D


Updates!!


Total number of books I've read: 12
Total Pages Read: 1,931 pages
Total Time Read: 20 hours

COMPLETED





Started, not Completed






No comments:

Post a Comment