photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Dewey's 24 Hour R-a-T : Opening Meme

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour R-a-T : Opening Meme



It's almost time to get started. Wooohooo!!
If you post on a blog, feel free to leave me a link and I'll come visit you today.  I don't do Twitter, but I love regular (not Tumblr) blogs and love to visit others still posting on blogs.


Opening Meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
A little town in Northwest North Carolina called Sparta.  Sleepy little town with absolutely nothing to do here.  Good thing I have my books.  :)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
None in particular right now.  I'm nearing the end (finally) of a 5 month team challenge at GoodReads and all my books are shorter books and series books to help out my team.  Nothing is anything I really am over eager about reading, they were picked because they were shorter and I should be able to get through more quicker.  Maybe along the way I'll pick something I've actually been looking forward to reading. 

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
As always ~ EVERYTHING!!  I'm one of the junky eaters.  Hostess Donuts start the morning and there's Chili or Lasagna for lunch.  Dinner will probably be store bought Pizza.  For snacks, I have Reese's Spread with Graham Crackers, Sugar Cookies, Peppermint Cookies, Soft Pretzels and Peach Rings.  Plenty of Dew and some Kickstarts as well.  YAY!!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
HI! I'm Karsyn, in my late 30s, deeply in love with and married to my high school best friend. I LOVE to read, obviously, and am blessed with a ton of time to read. In a typical month I will read 15-20 books, often more, and when there's something going on, like Dewey's (or this damn challenge) , I read a ton more! Beyond my books, I'm a gamer, and I built my own Gaming PC last year which I named Widget (after The Night Circus character). Widget is GREAT and we've had so much fun playing games on him!! I've been participating in a very very long Reading Challenge at a group at GoodReads but I'm beyond ready for it to be over.  I've read 253 books since June 15th, so I'm a little burnt out.  2 weeks and 2 days to go and it will finally be OVER!!  But on the bright side, I've read more books this year than any since I started keeping track at GR.  Over 415 for the year now, so lets see how many more we can tack on today/tonight!!  :)

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my 6th (I think) Dewey's and will be all about the books for my team challenge.  Just gonna read books in between 100-200 pages, so I hope to get through a bunch today.  Not going to list a potential list this time, just because I'm running out of time before Dewey's starts.  I have about 25 books I have my eyes on, plus just any that tickle my fancy, so we'll see where it leads.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment