photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: October Month of Reviews #6 ~ Dead in her Tracks by Kendra Elliot

Friday, October 23, 2015

October Month of Reviews #6 ~ Dead in her Tracks by Kendra Elliot



For October, I am bound and determined to get caught up on my NetGalley Reviews, something I've been trying to do for a while. I've been turned down for a few books probably because of my ratio, currently sitting at 76% 74%. Here's to getting reviews out for all the books I've read and getting to the other books that I haven't yet read.


Finished ~ Dead in her Tracks (Rogue Winter 02) by Kendra Elliot
Completed 10/23
4 of 5 stars
Expected Publication ~ 11/17


I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

First of all, the covers for these books are AMAZING!! I love these covers, can't wait to see the others, if there's more to this series.

Secondly, this is our second trip back to the Rogue River series and the town of Solitude and their people. This is a novella series done by Melinda Leigh and Kendra Elliot. You can see my reviews of the first 4 books, plus the first book of this series ~

Rogue River
On Her Father's Grave by Kendra Elliot
Gone to her Grave by Melinda Leigh
Her Grave Secrets by Kendra Elliot
Walking on her Grave by Melinda Leigh

Rogue Winter
Tracks of her Tears by Melinda Leigh


Now, as for this series, I LOVE Kendra Elliot. I've read all of her books to date and I read this series FOR the books by Kendra Elliot. I make myself read the others, by Leigh, because it's stuff going on in each book that carry over to the next. So, without reading the books by Leigh, I would only be getting half of the story.

I was excited to get to Kendra's book, which I did like better than the first, because I like the main characters in this book better. This book is about another killer roaming Solitude just days after the killer from the first book was caught. You definitely can't read this book without reading the first one (Tracks of Her Tears by Melinda Leigh) first, as it starts up the action the next day.

Stevie and Zane are great characters, both cops who work together on the job. They have few suspects and are out over Christmas trying to solve their case. The only negative about this book would be the reasoning of the killer, which has been done in every whodunnit it type show and book out there. It's one of those classic "reasons" the people kill. I was hoping it'd be something good. Other than that, this was a great novella with great characters. I hope there are more, and I look forward to the next, even if it'll be with the characters I don't like as much.

Setting = A
Plot = A
Conflict = A
Characters = A+
Theme = A




No comments:

Post a Comment