photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Book Review ~ On Her Father's Grave by Kendra Elliot

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Book Review ~ On Her Father's Grave by Kendra Elliot

Finished ~ One Her Father's Grave by Kendra Elliot
Completed 9/17
4 of 5 stars
unknown page count, Novella length

I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

On Her Father's Grave is the first book in the new "Rouge River" series by authors Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh, a series of novellas set in small town Solitude, Oregon.

Stevie has returned to her hometown after leaving LA after some rough times in her life. She joins the local police department and gets called in the night before she's to start work, when a local teen is found dead.

While I'm not usually a big novella fan, I've read everything Kendra has put out (except for one short story) and I love her books. I liked the look of this series, small town people and Kendra writing every other book. I really enjoyed this book and it did what good novellas do, it made me want more. The only negative about this novella, was that it was a novella! :)

Stevie comes back, having left her job at the stressful LAPD, she is ready for small town life. She's a likable character who is confidant and strong, with moments of vulnerability. Her family lost their father suddenly and they've all banded together. I liked Stevie and the people around her in her small town. The storyline was quick moving, the characters were likable. I am most definitely looking forward to reading more about the people in Solitude!


Setting = A+
Plot = A
Conflict = A
Characters = A+
Theme = A







No comments:

Post a Comment