photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: The To Be Read Tag

Monday, September 15, 2014

The To Be Read Tag


The To Be Read Tag ~

I saw this Tag over at The Innocent Smiley and thought it would make yet another good Swap-Bot Swap. I hope you'll have fun doing the swap, and reading mine! From ~ ImzadiRose


How do you keep track of your TBR pile?


GoodReads. It's the best! I'm always seeing new books that I want to read and adding to my ever growing TBR pile. I'll mark 'em TBR and then if I want to read them sooner than others, I'll put them on my Carpe Librum shelf. That way I know those are the ones holding my interest at the time, and those are the ones that could be picked for the "Pick my Next Read" swap.


Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?


It's 99.9% ebook ~ Mobi to be specific ~ for my Kindle Fire (2nd Gen). I do have some print books, but a third of those are the ones I collect (Trixie Belden, Harry Potter, Nancy Drew) and the others are just books I picked up super cheap at the library or thrift store. I haven't read any of them though, at least in their paperback/hard cover form. A few of them I read and just got cheap to have as a physical copy, like my copy of The Shadow of the Wind. Update! I was just reminded in the comments (thanks Felicia) about audiobooks!! Audiobooks are still new to me (a little over a year now), so I would guess that my books are about 85% ebook, 14% audiobook (and growing) and 1% print. :)

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?


It completely depends on my mood and what I feel like. I am NOT one of those readers who can plan out a week, or a whole month. I don't understand those who can do that!! HOW?!? My mood changes all the time, plus it's just the way things go for me that if I plan anything (of any sort) it never works out. Same with books. If I plan, then I likely won't read 'em. The only kind of planning I COULD do, is for new releases cuz of course I'll read those when they come out. Other times I will pick things that are specific for a challenge.

Speaking of that, I TRIED to plan out my books for the Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon. I picked out 13 books and I said I'd be glad if I did 6 of them. I've read 13 books so far for the RaT and only FIVE of them were on the list. I'm working on the 6th. See, I just can't make plans!


A book that's been in your TBR the longest.


At The Edge by Cait London was put onto my shelf Feb 12, 2009. Never read it, haven't even thought about it. I suppose I should go back and remove some older ones, but I like my TBR. It pains me to take books off of it, though I have and do.



A book you recently added to your TBR.


Since I started writing this, and the initial book I listed as having added most recently (on Sept 5th, Suspicion by Alexandra Monir), I have added 37 addition books to my TBR! I added Suspicion because I received it from NetGalley for my review. I requested it because of the beautiful cover and I thought it sounded good. I really hope that it is! (I didn't know when I requested it, that it's a retelling of "Rebecca" which I've never read, so we'll see.) The others I have added since have all been books that I was recommended at GoodReads, or ones that I came across and though sounded good. The most recent additions were: Get Even, The Paper Magician & Made for you, all added Sept 14th.



A book in your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover.


Beyond the just mentioned Suspicion (see above), that would be Map of Time by Felix J Palma. I'm a sucker for what I think is a beautiful cover and will often read the blurbs of books I think are pretty, passing over ones that I don't think are. A few others on my TBR that I think are pretty I've shown as well. None of these books are the type of books I normally read, but I'll give them all a chance, at some point, because they are so pretty! :)



A book in your TBR that you never plan on reading.


Hmmmmmm, if it's on my TBR, by definition, I plan on reading it, so I'm really really unsure about the common sense of this question. :/ But, since it was asked, I guess the easiest way to pick something is by looking at the average ratings and pick ones that have bad ones. So, these 2 books have been on my TBR pile for a while now, but they both have under a 3 rating on GoodReads, so it's doubtful I'll actually ever read them! Perhaps after the swap, I'll remove 'em! :)



An unpublished book in your TBR that you're excited for.


Ack! Soooooooo many!! :) There are a ton of authors who I follow and read everything they put out, so I'm always waiting for dozens of books. (If you are a fan of series and are wondering when the next in a series comes out, FictFact is a great site for that. I've always got my eye on a bunch of books coming out!) Here are a few, well 4 is a good number I guess (if I can narrow it down) that I am waiting on!



A book in your TBR that everyone recommends to you.


I have no book that "everyone" recommends to me. I don't read what the majority of people read, and my book friends know that and I rarely get recommended anything because of that. Typically people lately are recommending Fault in Stars to others, or some New Adult book, and I have added neither to my shelves. The last thing that was recommended to me multiple times that was on my TBR was Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, which I ended up reading, and did not like very much. The only person who successfully recommends books to me, and which I usually read right away, is my friend Kym at My Book Nook. The last book she recommended to me was The Eye of the Minds which we both LOVED. The 2nd one just came out and it was great too. So, all this is to say, I've got nothing on my shelves that multiple people have recommended because I'm too damn picky. :)


Number of books in my TBR.


There are 728 books on my TBR pile at GoodReads. This number is actually down my half. A few months ago, I went through my TBR pile and I took off a lot of books. Mainly what I did was remove the 2nd through whatever number of book a series was on, if I hadn't even read the first one yet. If I had read the first (or 2nd, or 3rd) then I just kept the 1 book next in line on my TBR instead of all of them. I also took off a few books that just didn't appeal to me anymore. I have books on there from 2009 still and I'm sure if I haven't read 'em yet, I probably won't get to 'em, with all the new books always coming out, so I may go through and weed it out again. But just taking my multiples from a series off so there was only 1 on there for each series (and there's still a few I need to do that for) removed about 500 books. :)


2 comments:

  1. Ha! I bought Map of Time off he library used book sale shelves because I thought the cover was beautiful, too! :-) I haven't read it yet either.

    The way we choose books to read next is the same; I admire people who have plans or read books that they've had for a long time, but that's not me. It's totally down to my mood of the moment.

    Also very cool that you have a special Carpe Librum shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely with you on the not planning thing. I can't even plan like, an hour in advance. It 100% depends on my mood, because if I am not in the right mindset for a certain book, I'll never be able to finish. I also have never tried an audiobook. I can't imagine myself actually paying attention, it sounds kind of hard to do!

    ReplyDelete