photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: ARC Review ~ Time's Edge by Rysa Walker

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

ARC Review ~ Time's Edge by Rysa Walker

Finished ~ Time's Edge (Timebound 02) by Rysa Walker
Completed 9/19
4.5 of 5 stars
452 pages
Expected Publication ~ Oct 21

I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

Time's Edge is the 2nd book in Rysa's Timebound series. The hard part about this review will be balancing telling you how awesome this book is, without giving anything away.

To read this, you must first read Timebound, without doing so, you'd be hopelessly lost. In Timebound, we meet Kate who is a teenage time traveler. There is something in Kate's genes that allow her to see, and be able to use, the Chronos key, which allows time travel to and from any place and time with a stable point, a point which doesn't change through the years, such as a famous building or monument. In Timebound, Kate finds out about this side of her, which she didn't know, and she's tasked by her grandmother to try to find out who is messing around with the time line, changing the past and the future.

Time's Edge begins where Timebound left off. She knows, for the most part, who is behind the changes and why to a certain degree, and she's still off doing what they think is best to help prevent more changes to the timeline. At the same time, she's a typical girl who has school and two boys competing for her attention. One, she doesn't remember from the prior timeline and one that doesn't remember her from the prior timeline, so this is a really neat aspect of it all, as she's trying to figure out who she really cares for, all while trying to stop a madman from wiping out half of the world's population.

Time's Edge is FANTASTIC. It's such an enjoyable and engaging book. It is absolutely NOT a stand alone, the first book must be read. The middle novella COULD be skipped, but it definitely enhances the story as you get more of a background on "other" Kate.

I recommend this series for any fans of mystery, suspense, romantic suspense, sci-fi and time traveling books. I do, however, recommend you are able to wrap your head around time travel at least a little bit. This time travel, at it's core, causes a "Branching Universe" paradox. Think of Back to the Future. Anything that Kate, or anyone else does, in the past could, and has, changes everything about the future. If that's something that could confuse you, you probably don't want to read this book. If you can put your head around those kind of paradoxes, go for it, because this series is AMAZINGLY good!!

Let me give you an example of what I mean, based on a scene from the book. I'm here at my house, and I want some ice cream. I know there's some ice cream in the freezer because I just bought some the day before, so I go out to get it. I look in the freezer and it's not there. I look in the trash and an empty container is there, someone has already eaten it. So, I go back in time, until right after I bought it, since I know it's there. I come back to present time and have the ice cream with me and start eating it. My husband, who was the one who ate it a few hours ago, walks into the room. He sees me eating the ice cream. He now has TWO conflicting memories, one in which he ate the ice cream, and one in which he couldn't have eaten the ice cream because it was already gone.

If that confuses you, don't try the books. If you followed that, and you want more, read the Timebound series, now!!! I can't WAIT for the 3rd one and the 2nd one isn't even out yet!!

Setting = A+
Plot = A+
Conflict = A
Characters = A+
Theme = A



No comments:

Post a Comment