photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon 9/8 ~ 9/20

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon 9/8 ~ 9/20



Another Read-a-Thon? Ok, I think I'm ready!
The Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon is hosted by Wishful Endings.

If you follow me, you know that I recently was in a 7 week long GoodReads challenge, as well as participating in Bout of Books. I read like crazy, reading 57 books in August, plus 10 comics. Needless to say, I got a little burned out on books and didn't pick up one for 4 days. Not too long, but long enough for me, especially after the 7 weeks I had! :)

For this challenge, I've decided to go with 13 books. I chose this as I was trying to figure out what to do and I decided that I would do a spell-it-out of "Tackle Your TBR" using just titles and/or author names. If you have followed me before, you know that I'm HORRIBLE about planning things out. Usually plans fall away to me changing my mind all the time. This time, I am going to TRY to stick with my books planned. We'll see if it happens or not. If I stick with at least 6 of the books I plan on, then I'll be glad with that. :) I already know ONE book will be different. I'm doing a TBR List ~ September Poll to have my readers pick a book to read. Though it may be clear on what will win, I don't want to post it yet. So, I know one book will be changed out on Saturday, but since I already know what's being changed for what, I'll still count it as one of my 6. :)

It appears my comments are not being left on more than half of the blogs I visit, does anyone know why? They are appearing on Blogger and others that I can sign in through Google+ but not on others. Specifically I noticed they aren't showing up on comments that have the option to leave a link to your last post through "comment luv" no matter if I unclick it or not. I've visited over 40 blogs so far, commented on at least half of them, and maybe my comment has shown up a 3rd of the time. :( Anyone know what I can do to fix this?!

The Goals:

  • Read at least 13 books
  • Read at least the next 6 digital chapters of Arkham Unhinged
  • Read at least 6 books of the ones I pick out, if not all
  • Visit no less than 10 blogs a day, commenting on most
  • Do all the challenges I can
  • Have Fun!


The Books:





Day 1 Updates


Anyone else joining in? Leave me your link and I'll keep up with your progress.




6 comments:

  1. I'm joining! I had a super slow week this past week, I need to get my reading mojo back.

    My sign up post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a bunch of books to be interested in. I hope you enjoy them - and good luck on your reading goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Suspicion and Unhinged are both high on my list. Thanks for joining in.

    Commenting, commenting... I've had issues in the past too. I haven't figured out which commenting platform I seem to have issues with, but it tends to happen to me with some Wordpress accounts and with Blogger if the page hasn't been active for a while, so I also make sure the page is fresh before I leave a comment. Otherwise, I'll say good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great list of books here. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're amazing to read more books than there are days to do it in! Fun list--best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are impressive goals! Good luck! Thanks for stopping by my Blog!

    ReplyDelete