photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Bout of Books 11 ~ Wrap Up

Monday, August 25, 2014

Bout of Books 11 ~ Wrap Up

Bout of Books


My 2nd Bout of Books is over, and I'm not sad about it. Of course I still have to be reading like crazy til the end of the month (the last week of the GoodReads challenge), but I'm going to take more time than I have been for the past 6 weeks. I'm definitely burned out on reading right now, I wanna take a few days off and write some letters or play some video games, or even read a book at a normal pace, not 3-5 a day. :)

Here is my Rambling Post about how I'm able to read so much. I'm lucky my husband works hard so I'm able to stay home and devote tons of time to reading, while I'd change things if I could, I do the best with what I have and enjoy the time I'm able to read!

But it was fun, and I had a great time. I plan on visiting a ton of blogs today, see how everyone did. I hope everyone had a fantastic time of reading, doing challenges and visiting blogs! I look forward to the next BoB in January. :)

How did YOU all do for Bob? Did you meet your goals? Did you read a lot of good books? Did you have a good time?! That's what matters! I hope everyone had a blast! Let me your wrap-ups, and I'll come visit. :) Making my way through ALL the wrap-ups. Have visited all the blogs posted as of now (through blog 164). Will continue to check in and visit all the blogs wrap-ups. :)



With BoB RaT 11, I ended with these stats ~
  • I completed 3 BoB RaT Challenges
  • I read for 62 Hours
  • I completed 20 books
  • I completed 7 comics
  • I read 5,117 pages (not including comics)
  • I completed 10 novels, 3 novellas & 1 short story on my Kindle Fire
  • I listened to 5 novels & 1 novella as audiobooks


Books I reviewed


Dead Don't Lie by L.R. Nicolello
Our Broken Sky by Sarah Harian
Sweet Dreams by Aaron Patterson



My Bout of Books Goals

Time devoted to Reading 
  • Daily, except for updates, challenges, and time spent at GR challenge
GOAL
  • Complete at least TWENTY (20) books
  • Complete at least TEN (10) comics ~ added this during BoB, completed 7
  • Complete at least 5 challenges, if possible (I don't do photo ones) ~ completed 3 of the challenges, the others were photos or not of interest to me
  • Complete at least 2 series in which I only have 1 book left to read


Monday

Night Time Audio listening time/pages: 1 hr 30 min / 70 pages
Day Time Audio listening time/pages: 5 hr 30 min / 434 pages
Kindle reading time / pages: 5 hr / 378 pages
Number of books I've read today: 3
Total number of books I've read: 3
Current Book: Cursed by Benedict Jacka
Pages Read Today: 812 pages (90 pages - Our Broken Sky, 234 pages - Fated, 230 pages - Dead Don't Lie, 200 - Chosen, 58 - 2 DNF books)
Total Pages Read: 812
Time Read Today: 12 hrs
Total Time Read: 12 hrs
Challenges Participated in today: My Book Scavenger Hunt
Today's Completed Books:

Today's Completed Comics: (not counted towards page/time counts)



Tuesday

Night Time Audio listening time/pages: 1 hr / 104 pages (finished Chosen)
Day Time Audio listening time/pages: 4 hr / 304 pages (Cursed)
Kindle reading time / pages: 6hr / 571 pages (Blackbird, With Open Eyes, Dirty Little Secrets)
Number of books I've read today: 5
Total number of books I've read: 8
Current Book:
Pages Read Today: 979 pages
Total Pages Read: 1791
Time Read Today: 11
Total Time Read: 23 hrs
Challenges Participated in today: none
Today's Completed Books:

Today's Completed Comics:


Wednesday

Night Time Audio listening time/pages: 45 min / 70 pages (Taken)
Day Time Audio listening time/pages: 4 hr /250 pages (Taken)
Kindle reading time/pages: 3 hr 15 min / 348 pages (A Dirty Shame)
Number of books I've read today: 2
Total number of books I've read: 10
Current Book:
Pages Read Today: 710 pages (320 - Taken, 348 - A Dirty Shame)
Total Pages Read: 2501
Time Read Today: 8 hr
Total Time Read: 31 hrs
Challenges Participated in today: none
Today's Completed Books:

Today's Completed Comics:


Thursday

Night Time Audio listening time/pages: 1 hr / 80 pages (One Kick)
Day Time Audio listening time/pages: 1 hr / 80 pages (One Kick)
Kindle reading time/pages: 8 hr 30 min / 753 pages (The Testing Guide, Taken, Stolen, Frozen)
Number of books I've read today: 4
Total number of books I've read: 14
Current Book:
Pages Read Today: 913
Total Pages Read: 3414
Time Read Today: 10 hr 30 min
Total Time Read: 41 hrs 30 min
Challenges Participated in today: My If you like this, Try this
Today's Completed Books:

Today's Completed Comics:



Friday

Night Time Audio listening time/pages: 1 hr 45 min / 150 pages (One Kick, Clean)
Day Time Audio listening time/pages: 3 hr 15 min / 224 pages (One Kick, Time's Echo)
Kindle reading time/pages: 2 hr 45 min / 304 pages (Nerve)
Number of books I've read today: 3
Total number of books I've read: 17
Current Book:
Pages Read Today: 678 pages
Total Pages Read: 4092
Time Read Today: 7 hr 45 min
Total Time Read: 49 hrs 15 min
Challenges Participated in today: none
Today's Completed Books:

Today's Completed Comics:



Saturday

Night Time Audio listening time/pages:
Day Time Audio listening time/pages: 4 hr 30 min / 301 pages (Clean)
Kindle reading time/pages: 4 hr 15 min / 423 pages (Sweet Dreams)
Number of books I've read today: 2
Total number of books I've read: 19
Current Book:
Pages Read Today: 724 pages
Total Pages Read: 4822
Time Read Today: 8 hr 45 min
Total Time Read: 57hrs 45 min
Challenges Participated in today: My Spell-it-out Challenge
Today's Completed Books:

Today's Completed Comics:


Sunday

Night Time Audio listening time/pages:
Day Time Audio listening time/pages:
Kindle reading time/pages: 4 hr 15 min / 295 pages (Dirty Rotten Scoundrel)
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 20
Current Book:
Pages Read Today: 295
Total Pages Read: 5117
Time Read Today: 4 hr 15 min
Total Time Read: 62 hrs
Challenges Participated in today: none
Today's Completed Books:

Today's Completed Comics:



17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time! You got some serious reading done - great idea to take a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you read a serious amount of books. Really glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you read so much! And you have some amazing Batman comics. My bf is a batman nut. He just loves everyhing batman. He even has a batman inspired tattoo! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and good luck with all the commenting :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, you read more then I did and it was hard. That's awesome, and I really like that you keep track of the time you spend reading, that's an interesting idea. Looks like a fantastic week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some hard core reading right there! Well done. :-) Good luck with your Goodreads challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You read over 5000 pages! And completed 20 books! And read for 62 hours! OMG! How did you do that? If only I could focus that much on reading... Amazing job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You did some damage last week! Congrats on all the reading and meeting those goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you killed it this week! I know how you feel...I'm burned out on reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on all that reading! Looks like you deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did mahvelous! (Yes, the misspelling is on purpose.) Long distance high five for doing three challenges when you aimed for five...me too! :) I called that good enough. I was more into the reading this time. I think it's a funk after doing so many read-a-thons this summer. Maybe I'll be more of a participant for January's BoB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot! you go girlfriend:) you did good! I so proud *teary eyed*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, you did a good job out here. I wish I could read as much I you do. Maybe for the next Bout of Books read-a-thon, I will be able to read more.
    And good luck for your Goodreads challenge. I'm sure you will make it throuh :) kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on doing so well! Twenty books and seven comic books?! Plus 10 novels, 3 novellas & 1 short story on the Kindle? I could never read so much in seven days. Congratulations!!!! BoB was amazing for you. :)

    Hope to see on the next BoB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 20 books? OMG you are amazing.
    Definitely looks like you had a fantastic time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. You read 20 books?! Puts me to shame, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did so good. That is so crazy 20 books! Congrats. I wish I could read that much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FIVE THOUSAND PAGES? HOW? OMG OMG!

    I didn't know that there was a comic based on the Arkham game, I'll have to tell the hubs to add it to our pullbox!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete