photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon



I am definitely participating in Dewey's 24 hr Read-a-Thon. This will be my 2nd one, I had so much fun with my 1st.

With my last one, I made the mistake of trying to finish up a VERY long audiobook, but I wanted to get through it. 9 of the hours I spent reading was the audiobook, so that was a bit waste of my time!

Overall, I still didn't do bad though. Here's my final stats for that one ~
  • Read ~ 20 hours total (8-11am, 12-2:30pm, 4pm-2:30am, 3:00am-7am)
  • Completed ~ 5 books
  • Total pages read ~ 1083 pages (178 of that was listening to audio for 9 hours)
  • Blogging Breaks ~ 4 hours total (11am-12pm, 2:30-4pm, 2:30am-3am, 7am-?)

The Goals


If you've been around my blog before, then there's one thing you know for certain about me, I do NOT plan. I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants type person. Planning means disaster for that thing I've planned for, it just doesn't work, for reading or other things!

So, I have no books set aside. I was hoping there would be something good I've been waiting on coming out, but no such luck. I have a shelf at GoodReads of 60 or so books that I have my eye on, but that's about it. Though I MAY read whatever book wins my TBR October Poll ~ a place where my readers can vote on a book for me to read this month. If you haven't voted yet, go vote now!! Voting ends on the 11th. Beyond maybe reading that, nothing is on my radar, I have no clue what I will read. I have no specific goals except to read at least 2000 pages. I don't know if I plan to do this with a bunch of books, or a few longer ones, it depends on what grabs my attention at the time! :)



If you are joining, leave me a link and I'll come follow you! I am especially interested in readers who will be going the full 24 hours. I stayed up the 24 hours last time and it was so much fun, but a lot of people started (understandably) disappearing during the later hours. Looking for those who are gonna stick around to cheer on!! I follow blogs via Bloglovin', as it's an easy place for me to keep everything together. I don't Twit or Tumble or any other social media like that, sorry! (Yes, I spelled them wrong on purpose, I hate those words.)



2 comments:

  1. oh wow, already?! ok, guess I better go post something and sign up now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I haven't put together my goals yet...I'll do that when I get a little closer, but I'm totally looking forward to Dewey's again. Oh...love the new social media buttons too. :)

    ReplyDelete