photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Read Play Blog #3 ~ Preferred Gaming Platform

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Read Play Blog #3 ~ Preferred Gaming Platform


Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, and recommend a video game that is similar to a book they liked. Hosted by Happy Indulgence Books & Read Me Away.

Info:

What is Read Play Blog?
A monthly meme about video games and books!

How does Read Play Blog work?
Every month, we’ll ask you a discussion question about your VG interests and recommend a game based on a book we liked. We’ll have a linky, and you can make your own post answering the question and recommendation, and link up!

When does the post go up?
On the 16th of every month to pay homage to retro 16 bit games.

Who can participate in Read Play Blog?
Anyone who likes video games! No matter the genre or age, whether you like action/shoot-em-ups or story-driven RPGs or point-and-click games, or if you’re a new gamer or a seasoned one, you’re very welcome to participate!


What is your preferred gaming platform?


While I'm partial to ANY kind of gaming system, our wallet is not, especially now. I suppose the system that we've played the most, in recent years, is the Playstation ~ 2 & 3.

I've been a gamer since I was a child. I, sadly haven't kept any of my old systems, they were lost in a bunch of moves. I also was a Nintendo girl, for the most part, from NEW to N64 to GameCube. We do have a Wii now, but have very few games for it. They are so pricey to get good Mario games and my hubby doesn't like them as much as I do, so we try to get games we both like, or get cheaper games for just each of us and the Wii games never go down in price.

We also have a Xbox360, on which we still play a few games, but for the most part, everything we want to play comes out on Playstation with some being Playstation exclusive, like the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

We only got our PS3 a year ago, when the bundled GTAV was released with a system. We're definitely behind the times, but it works for us. We do want a PS4, but probably won't get it until next year. We're hoping for yet another bundled system with either KH3 or Arkham Knight, both of which we REALLY REALLY want!!


Currently Playing


Right now, I'm actually not playing anything! I haven't played a game in weeks, probably months. I've been all about the books, 'bout the books, 'bout the books. :) I did a 7 week long Read-a-Thon, and after that I thought I'd play some games but I couldn't get into any. Then, I only took 9 days off of reading before I was right back into another Read-a-Thon ending on Saturday. I'm hoping, when I get back to playing, to re-play Resident Evil 4. I've been in the mood for it for a while. :)



4 comments:

  1. I SO CANNOT WAIT FOR KH3! I will specifically buy a PS4 just to play that game, and Assassin's Creed. Unfortunately, it is a tad expensive now, so I'm not sure when I'll ever get to it. I also am sticking with my PS3 for now, but I usually stick to Nintendo for handheld devices. Though I have no idea when I will buy a 3DS, probably never, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh the Arkham Knight collector's edition looks SO COOL especially with the car! I loved the first and second games. I guess we own both of Xbox 360 and PS3 but most of our games are on the 360, the PS3 is just for the exclusives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I hope you get to play KH3 when it comes out! I've been meaning to play the KH series, because it looks really good AND I love Disney. :P

    Thanks for participating, Karsyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaming is definitely not good for the wallet! I just got an Xbox One and my wallet is still hurting from it, and I only paid for half of it. I hope there is a bundled system, I know a few people who would love that.

    ReplyDelete