photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Rêveur Review: Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rêveur Review: Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant


The Book:



The Blurb:

I remembered my name – Mara. But, standing in that ghostly place, faced with the solemn young man in the black coat with silver skulls for buttons, I could recall nothing else about myself.

And then the games began.

The Messenger sees the darkness in young hearts, and the damage it inflicts upon the world. If they go unpunished, he offers the wicked a game. Win, and they can go free. Lose, and they will live out their greatest fear.

But what does any of this have to do with Mara? She is about to find out . . .

The Review:

Completed 8/30
272 page ebook

I'd like to direct your attention to the words in the blurb above. Those words are ~ "And then the GAMES began".

What needs to be noted here is the use of the word "A" in the other sentence because there is ONE GAME in the book. ONE. Really?!? I was expecting "GAMES" not "A game". LAME!!

THEN, if no one saw the ending coming, then this book is CLEARLY not for you. It was the biggest sort of lame in a book ever, I saw it coming almost from the beginning, and hoped it wouldn't be true, but it was. SIGH. Talk about cop out.

So yeah, I won't give it a 1 star (on GoodReads, though I'd like to) because I reserve my 1s for books I really really hate, but this was close. 1 game when it makes the book appear to be about the gameS, and completely stupid plot with ending. First book I've read by this author, and probably the last, if that's what I get out of it.

The Rating:


Awful book, so much I didn't like about it! (1 star)





No comments:

Post a Comment