photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Camp NaNoWriMo - July Wrap-Up

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Camp NaNoWriMo - July Wrap-Up


My 2nd Camp NaNoWriMo is Complete


I know, it's been a while since I posted. I'd thought / planned to do as I did for Camp in April - write nearly daily, post about my updates. But, that didn't happen.

The reason being that I didn't write much in the start of the month. There were external forces that made me just not in the mood to write and for a while, I didn't think I'd write at all. It sucked, but for me, I don't stress if I don't meet goals. Though things turned around for me the start of the month was abysmal - I only wrote a total of SIX days in the first TWENTY!! Yeah, awful. So at Day 20 - which in April was the day I MET my goal of 50k words - I had only written 9,932 words. Not good.

But I really kicked things into gear, those last 11 days, and ended up making my goal! I really still can't believe it! Yes, I wrote 40,068 words in 11 days. Whoa! :D

That's not to say I didn't do other things, because in the days of not writing, sometimes I did work on other things of my books. I finally firmed up my cover (love it), I drew out my fictional town, so I know the basic layout. I named some roads in the town, though I still need business names. I named characters that previously didn't have names, I worked on the backstory of my main characters and how they interconnect to their large group of friends, and I started thinking about a blog (for my actual pen name) so I can eventually start promoting, if/when I decide to do anything with these books. So things did still happen a lot, even when I wasn't writing.

I didn't write as much in April, but a LOT got done and I still met my goal of 50k in the month. I also officially finished the first book, wrapping up the couple things that were giving me issues in it. My Husband read it - the only one to do so - and liked it. Actually liked what I did, thought I did well. His praise meant everything.


What's next?

My main novel STILL needs editing. I only edited the first 3 chapters (let me know if you'd like to read them, they are available for critique) so the rest (20 or so chapters) need big big edits. I think I over edit myself so I'm hoping to find a Critique Partner or two to take a look at the first book.

The 2nd, what I focused on with this NaNo is about 70% complete, so eventually I need to round it out, complete some chapters and pull it all together.

NaNoWriMo is in November and I've already had ideas for the 3rd book. :) So I plan to be back to writing more. We'll see what I can get done with the first two, between now and then.



For Camp NaNoWriMo I am challenging myself to write 50,000 words.



Camp NaNoWriMo Progress

Total for NaNo: 50,306 / 50,000 words
Story Novel Total: 47,049 words

  • Day 01: 2,875 words written
  • Day 02: 1,321 words written
  • Day 03: 261 words written
  • Day 04: Did NOT Write
  • Day 05: Did NOT Write
  • Day 06: 1,281 word written
  • Day 07: Did NOT Write
  • Day 08: Did NOT Write
  • Day 09: Did NOT Write
  • Day 10: Did NOT Write
  • Day 11: Did NOT Write
  • Day 12: Did NOT Write
  • Day 13: Did NOT Write
  • Day 14: Did NOT Write
  • Day 15: Did NOT Write
  • Day 16: 3,548 words written
  • Day 17: Did NOT Write
  • Day 18: 646 words written
  • Day 19: Did NOT Write
  • Day 20: Did NOT Write
  • Day 21: 1,518 words written
  • Day 22: 1,086 words written
  • Day 23: 2,528 words written
  • Day 24: 8,060 words written
  • Day 25: 3,526 words written
  • Day 26: 4,566 words written
  • Day 27: 2,825 words written
  • Day 28: 2,284 words written
  • Day 29: 3,193 words written
  • Day 30: 6,214 words written
  • Day 31: 4,538 words written



For anyone interested, my story is EROTIC ROMANCE featuring the following themes: F/F sex, FFM threesomes, BDSM & Polyamory. What I'll do with the story when it's done, I'm not sure.

I'd love to hear from anyone else doing Camp NaNo, now or if you have previously. Thank you for any interest you take in my accountability here.

No comments:

Post a Comment