photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: It's Monday! What are you Reading?

Monday, July 28, 2014

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? ~ Hosted by BookJourney


Still doing my challenge at GoodReads, so reading a ton. So much, that for the 2nd week in a row (and 2nd week of the challenge), my team is in FIRST PLACE. 6 ladies on my team combined for 43 books read this week!! Wow!! :) At the time I'm writing this (Sunday evening) I've taken my own lull in reading. I've been fighting a headache for about 20 hours now, so I'm having a bit of a break. At the very least, I'll get back to an audiobook tonight.

Beyond reading, there was a "Sex Me Up" Read-a-Thon this week. I ended up only reading 2 erotica books, but I also did a series of posts, if anyone is interesting in checking them out.




As for reading this week, I am currently reading ~

Kindle & Audio


Books I finished since last Monday





Quick thoughts on the books I read ~

  • Against the Wild ~ another great Kat Martin ~ 4 stars
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two ~ not typically my thing, but ok ~ 2.5 stars
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act ~ good for paranormal fans ~ 2.5 stars
  • Vanished ~ new series with Mason, great book ~ 4 stars
  • My Liege of Dark Haven ~ haven't connected with these characters ~ 3 stars
  • Unfair Advantage ~ crappy crappy erotica ~ 1 star
  • Hunting Eve ~ got tired of this series, this one was ok ~ 3 stars
  • Silencing Eve ~ good conclusion to this small trilogy ~ 3.5 stars
  • Timebound ~ a really good time traveling book ~ 4 stars
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes ~ a fun and good story ~ 3.5 stars


5 comments:

  1. I completely dropped the ball on the readathons this week. I did read a sexy book, but never did up a post. I really enjoyed your posts, though!

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Vanished too. I have some Iris Johansen on my summer reading stack. I am so far behind that I can read while trilogies without waiting. I brought Eve, Quinn, and Bonnie home but still may not get to them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you have a headache having read so much. Good luck with your goal for this week

    Enjoy!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're doing fantastic on those read-athons! I never take part in those cause they tend to happen on my busiest weeks at work! =/
    Cannot wait to hear what you think about Born of Illusion, I have that one in my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The covers of the Immortal Circus look great. I love paranormal, so maybe I would like them more than you did. I just saw this post on my bloglovin' feed and it is Thursday. Lol. I guess it is time to clean out some dud blogs so I can see the ones I am interested in, in a more timely fashion. I was reading nothing on Monday because I was taking a break before the ARC August reading challenge starts on Read.Sleep.Repeat. I did however start feeling guilty about an MG an author sent me ages ago (she is a real sweetheart on Twitter), today. Thank goodness the book is good. It is called the The Galian Spear.

    ReplyDelete