photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Book Review ~ Dream Huntress by Michelle Sharp

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Book Review ~ Dream Huntress by Michelle Sharp

Finished ~ Dream Huntress (Dream Seeker 01) by Michelle Sharp
Completed 6/11
3.5 of 5 stars
260 page eBook

I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

I went back and forth on the rating that I should give Dream Huntress. Overall it was great, but I had a few issues with it. It was still an enjoyable read.

Jordan Delaney is a detective who is undercover in a seedy strip joint, trying to bring the owners down for selling drugs. In addition to being a cop, she also has dreams in which she sees both the future and the past. The dead come to her, seeking out some kind of closure. Ty McGee is also a cop who is pretending to have left the force to get into the club as well, as he wants to take them down too. Jordan and Ty meet, and there in instant attraction.

The story, the back stories, the dreams are all fantastic. It's been done before, but when it's done well, it's always enjoyable to read. I liked the the characters were working towards the same goal though they don't know it for quite some time. I liked that her dreams led her to look into the side story of who the girl in her dream was. It was a good solid storyline and plot with a strong theme.

Setting = A
Plot = A+
Theme = A

My issue came with the characters, of which were great, until about 40% through the book when they, starting with her, got on my nerves. She was in constant state of changing emotions. She kisses him, she kicks him out, she sleeps with him, she kicks him out, she tries to get information by using her body, she kicks him out. He's great through all of this, but then of course, at the end, he has to mess it up when she finally tells him the truth and he calls her crazy. Oh but never mind, he believes her now and she's run off.

It was too wishy washy for me. I like strong characters, and obviously when you are getting to know someone there is going to be times of doubt, but this took it a little too far a few too many times in my opinion. But as the case with books sometimes, it seems that the only way to create drama was to make it in the craziest of ways.

Characters = B-
Conflict = B

Overall, this book was a fantastic read. I loooooved the story. It was interesting and kept my attention. The characters lost me a little, but that's my own personal opinions and should be treated as such. I have a high standard of people, and of characters, that others probably don't. I don't like drama created for the sake of drama, but other than that, the book was a quick fast and fun read. I'd recommend it to fans of paranormal mysteries, and I do plan on checking the next book out, should there be one.






No comments:

Post a Comment