photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Armchair BEA ~ Intro

Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA ~ Intro


I hadn't planned on participating in Armchair BEA since I'm such a baby blog with not much going on. But, I've been hearing about it for months now, and it seems like 90% of the blogs I follow are all participating and talking about it, so I've decided I'll jump in, since I'm reading all about it anyways. My participation will be light however, I don't use Twitter or Instagram or any other of those kinds of social media. They just aren't for me. I'm quite long winded and like to talk a lot so that's why a blog works best for me, I can just ramble on. :) With that, let me ramble an introduction for you.


1 ~ Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?


Hi!! Waves! Karsyn here, with the crazy long blog name. :) I just reference it as KaKiJoKoJa when writing about it online. I'm a baby blogger, only been going 2 months now. I actually got into it for a site I am on, called Swap-Bot. In it, I have a group that is all about reading and one of the swaps we do is a monthly reading log swap. I set up my blog to share my log with them, not thinking I'd start following other blogs, get swept up in the community or have a few (hello, to the 16 of you) followers!! Peanuts to many of the blogs I follow but considering I never thought anyone would follow me, I like it. :) I am blogging from a little mountain town in North Carolina, where I am a pretty recent (less than 2 years) transplant.


2 ~ What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year?


I read so many books that I love each year, sometimes it's hard to pick a favorite because I love many different ones in different ways. 2013 was a more hard year for me to pick. I'd say my favorite standalone was ~ Erebos by Ursula Poznanski and my favorite book from a series was ~ One by One (Robert Hunter 05) by Chris Carter. My favorite book so far this year was most definitely ~ The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.


3 ~ Spread the love by naming your favorite blogs/bloggers


Blogs I love & follow closely ~


Amanda's Nose in a Book
Book Journey
Brandie is a Bookjunkie
Erratic Project Junkie
Tif Talks Books





4 ~ If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why?


If I were stranded on a deserted island, the books I would have to bring are ~ The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, The Prisoner of Azkaban by JKR and Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I would choose these because, right now, they are my 3 favorite books and such a variety that I'd get good use out of them and their uniqueness from each other. :)

As for non-book, since it said "items", I'll exclude my hubby, but he's a given. :) My three items would be ~ my Kindle Fire (is this cheating, since it's also my books? But I play games on it as well!), my PlayStation 3/TV and stationery/pen for writing letters.






5 ~ What book would you love to see as a movie?


The Night Circus, of course. It's been optioned as one, but nothing has happened with it yet. It would have to be PERFECT though, have all the details and correctly done. I think I'd be very picky on it, as I love it so very very much and would want it just right! :)

Are you participating in Armchair BEA?
Leave me your intro, and I'll come check it out,
or tell me about yourself right here. :)



22 comments:

  1. Great to meet you, Karsyn! And, welcome to book blogging. Good for you for jumping right into an event -- it's one of the best ways to get connected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome and for dropping by. :) I usually just dive into things. I've been hearing so much of BEA, I just couldn't resist any longer. :)

      Delete
  2. Who knew that baby blogging was even a thing? It looks like you read plenty of books. It is amazing that the online book community uses Twitter and Instagram so much-- not my favorite things, but I do find that my students really like Instagram, and a fair number follow me, so I try to throw some books on there so they have something to look at other than shots of people's feet propped up on the beach! I hope that you enjoy Armchair BEA and find some new blogs that interest you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl1 Yeah, baby blog is just what I think of when I think of mine and look at others. I'm new to blogging, but not new to writing, since I've been penalling for 20+ years and definitely not new to reading, since I typically read at least 100 books a year. I HATE how much things like Twitter is used. I'm too long winded and I hate all these fake made up words used online, like Tweet and any chatspeak stuff. I guess I'm just old fashioned. :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I agree that I would really love to see Night Circus as a movie. It's such a visual reading experience, though I'd be worried the screen version wouldn't do the one in my head justice. ;)

    I really have been meaning to get to Shadow of the Wind; I keep hearing so much greatness about that book!! Thank you for adding another recommendation to the pile; it seems like we have similar taste otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would be sooooo disappointed if they got The Night Circus wrong! I love all the Harry Potters, but still so much disappoints me that got lost from book to movie with Azkaban. Ohhhh, Shadow of the Wind is AMAZING!! You totally should start it, right now. LOL! It's not my typical kind of book, years ago I wouldn't have even looked at it, but something in the description caught my attention and it was sooooo good!! I read the whole series in a week and loved them all. I hope you'll try it soon, you won't regret it!

      Delete
  4. Welcome! Armchair BEA is such a cool thing, no? :)

    I have had a copy of The Night Circus for quite some time, but I still have not read it! Oops? It will be read eventually :D

    Enjoy the week of Armchair BEA!

    Check out my intro & lit post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely ooops!! :) You should try it, it's wonderful. I don't think anyone who reads it would be disappointed. Armchair BEA has been neat so far and it's been fun. Lots of time going around reading so many posts. Love it!! Thanks for dropping on by!

      Delete
  5. I hear you on the PS3 on a desert island! Maybe that means they'll come take my bookworm badge away but I don't care, I regret nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY that you regret nothing. :) I'm the same way when it comes to what I like. I LOVE my PS3. I'm a reader, but a gamer too. I hate to be without my Kindle Fire or my PS!

      Delete
  6. It's a pleasure to meet you. This is my first year participating in ArmchairBEA as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fro stopping by! I hope you enjoy Armchair BEA as well. So far, it's been fun. :)

      Delete
  7. Happy to see you here! Hope you enjoy Armchair BEA....I'm a first timer as well.

    Best of luck with your blog. I'd never believe you've only been at it two months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I hope you are enjoying it too, it's been fun for me so far. Ahhh thanks for saying that it's hard to believe it's only been 2 months for me. I've had personal blogs before so I'm not unfamiliar with them, and I've read all my life so I can easily talk books and I'm a penpaller so I can write a ton, so book blogging is natural for me, should have done it years ago. :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for the shout out!! :) Have fun with Armchair BEA! I love following your blog posts!

    Love your list of items to take on a stranded island. I'm with ya on taking my Kindles and hoping there's electricity! It would be hard for me to pick just 3 books to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I love following your blog! :) My deserted island definitely has electricity and a huge mansion to play in. They only said deserted, not barren. :) I like to dream. Hehe! I'd die to live with just my hubby on a far off island with no one else around. It'd be a dream come true!

      Delete
  9. Waving hi from Australia, good for you jumping straight in to all the excitement of Armchair BEA, I wanted to participate again this year but I'm a little short on time. Have fun PS I love my kindle fire too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Australia, one foreign country I'd love to visit! :) Hope you are enjoying Armchair BEA and thanks for visiting! :) I love my Kindles! I've had a Keyboard and now my Fire and it's never far from my side!

      Delete
  10. EEK! Thank you for the mention!!! So fun! Ready Player One is the book I tell all my geeky friends to read.. I can't wait for his next book Armada!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the book blogging community! Great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...thanks for the shoutout Karsyn! And now I have to go see what this Armchair BEA thing is. Just what I need you know, one more thing...I'm such a sucker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am way late in stopping by, but I figure it is always better late than never! ;)

    First of all, thank you so much for listing my blog!! I appreciate that and all your comments on my site!

    Now, for all the books you mentioned ... Ready Player One, Night Circus, Shadow of the Wind, Harry Potter ... you have such great taste!! Those are all some of my faves too!!

    ReplyDelete