photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Book Review ~ Chills: A Short Story Collection by Sahar Sabati

Friday, May 9, 2014

Book Review ~ Chills: A Short Story Collection by Sahar Sabati

Finished Chills: A Short Story Collection by Sahar Sabati
Completed 5/9/14
2 of 5 stars

I was sent this book by the author for my honest review.

This collection was of 7 short stories that were supposed to be psychologically scary stories. Stories that chill you. Unfortunately, it did not achieve that bit of chills that it was meant to inspire, if fact it inspired none.

I can read some horror and play horror games, though I can't watch horror films because I scare VERY easily. None of these stories even got my blood pumping just for a moment. It definitely wasn't anything scary, and the few moments that tried to be were literally a sentence, or a short paragraph, long. Not only that, but they were predictable as well. I saw the ending coming of the 1st, 3rd, and 7th story coming. The end of the 2nd made me smile. The 4th, 5th and 6th stories weren't even enjoyable to me. :(

I wanted to like this book, and I didn't hate it, I don't mind that I spent a half hour or so reading it, but it was only ok.








No comments:

Post a Comment