photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Book Review ~ Over the Line by Emmy Curtis

Monday, October 6, 2014

Book Review ~ Over the Line by Emmy Curtis

Finished ~ Over the Line (Alpha Ops 01) by Emmy Curtis
Completed 10/6
3.5 of 5 stars
272 pages

I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

In Over the Line, James saved Beth's life. It's most of a year later when their paths cross again and the attraction they both felt is still evident. James, trying to get out of a family affair, asks Beth to join him for the weekend, but a series of threats has them attending, with Beth posing as James' fiance. He's asked her to pose as his wife-to-be to ward off his family's constant pushing of him to marry someone with prestige and to leave his job to follow in the steps of his father.

This book is the first that I have read by this author and it was pretty good. I really enjoy romantic/erotic suspense, and while this book is more of the erotic/romance variety, it still kept my interest, for the most part. Both James and Beth are likable characters, the plot funny and fast paced. It was a quick, easy and enjoyable book, and I would probably read more in the series.

As for the bad, there was a bit for me. First, they are lying to the family which I am fine with, his family (mother and father) are worthless, but I have a problem when they start lying to each other. Clearly they both want more and instead of sitting down and having a real conversation about their relationship, they have sex and ignore the issues, causing more issues. It's all done to create drama, and completely pointless. Then there's the matter of the "bad guy" who was completely evident from them happening to come across him. I think the author trying to steer people in another direction but it didn't work at all. It would have been better to have a completely different and unknown threat.

However, overall it was entertaining and enjoyable. I would definitely say it's leaning towards an erotica. While most of the action is not specific enough for how I think of erotica (actual in depth details) there's a lot of stuff you don't typically see in normal romances, such as masturbation. It was some enjoyable stuff and I really liked that part of the book. The book was quite enjoyable, and I recommend it for fans of romantic/erotic suspense.


Setting = A
Plot = B
Conflict = A-
Characters = A
Theme = A








No comments:

Post a Comment