photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: My "The Night Circus" dream cast

Sunday, October 12, 2014

My "The Night Circus" dream cast



I'm not a celebrity fan. While there are a few that I have liked over the years, I don't actively read about celebs, or follow any, or care about what they do, or don't do, in their private lives.

I've also never done a "Dream Cast" for a book before. I don't think about who could play whom in a book I love, because I don't know a lot of celebrities, and I don't really think about it at all, ever.

But a recent discussion in a group at GoodReads had me thinking about it for the first time ever, during my re-read (re-listen) of The Night Circus ~ my absolutely favorite book!! I get worried about if they would actually do a movie, what if they would mess it up? I'd want the book just done, nothing added and nothing taken out. It's perfect like it is.

So, who would I want in my dream cast? Well, I haven't figured everyone out yet, but I had a few thoughts last night while listening. Subject to change, here's what I think. I may have taken liberty with ages/race and so on. These are in the order that I came up with them as some were easier to cast than others, for me. :)

Do you cast celebs in books you love?


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
My Dream Casting



Isobel Martin

Allison Scagliotti


Marco Alisdair

Tom Welling


Ethan Barris

Mark Harmon


Mr A.H.

Jason Isaacs


Celia Bowman

Mila Kunas


Tsukiko

Ming-Na Wen


Poppet (young & older)

Taylor Richardson & Molly Quinn


Chandresh Christophe Lefevre

Rene Auberjonois


Tante Padva

Fionnula Flanagan


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Karsyn! This is Teresa aka ilovebakedgoods, from GR.

    Love your casting choices!! So original and not "trendy."

    Have you seen this Night Circus Wedding?? It took place in a book store, too! Night Circus Wedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that I only made it about halfway through this book before it was due at the library and I keep forgetting to get it again. I should do that soon!!

    ReplyDelete