photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Dewey's 24 Hour RaT ~ Kick Off

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour RaT ~ Kick Off

 photo dewey-300x300_zps5f467a5a.jpg

It's DEWEY time!! I am up and about already, ready to go. Hubby is getting his coffee going (YUCK!!) and is going to go out and get us donuts in a little while. The Opening questions are up already, so let me go ahead and get those answered!! :)


1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I am in North Carolina. We've been here over 2 1/2 years now.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'm not a pre-planner. I am a Fly-By-er. I pick books on the fly and only have some audiobooks picked out for today ~ am going to listen to the novellas I haven't read yet in the In Death series. Other than that, I don't even know what I'm going to start reading in 45 minutes, so I'm not looking forward to any yet, since I don't know what I'm gonna read!!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Is this a trick question?! ALL of them!! According to the GoodReads group, I'm the most junkie of the junk food eaters!! On the menu for me ~ donuts to start off the morning, Reese's Dessert Bar, Lofthouse cookies, and Smore's Goldfish for snacks, cinnamon rolls for tomorrows breakfast. There's going to be pizza and chicken nuggets if we come up for regular food, and Kickstart Fruit Punch to wash it all down with! :) Hubby has Hostess Cupcakes, Oreos (which I'll snag some of) and more Smore's Goldfish.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
HI! I'm Karsyn, in my mid 30s, deeply in love with and married to my high school best friend. We just celebrated 10 years "back together" on the 4th. I LOVE to read, obviously, and am blessed with a ton of time to read. I also love to write LONG LONG letters to my pen pals (15+ typed pages) and play video games. My Precious Kindle is never far from my side and I recently became an audiobook fan. I read a variety of genres and really don't like to box myself in when it comes to genres. It's easier to say what I WON'T read, which is ~ chick-lit (if shopping is involved, no thank you), New Adult (OMG gag me now, I've only read one New Adult book I liked, it HAS to have tons of action or I won't read it), religious stuff, and Western. I'm all about action and suspense in my books for the most part. My most favorite book EVER is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
I did participate last time and the thing I won't do is listen to a long audiobook. It took me NINE hours to get through something like 178 pages last time. What a waste of my precious time!! This time, I picked out audio books that are all less than 5 hours to listen to while I'm surfing and cheering.


So yay! That's me!! I'm excited to get started today and see what I sink my teeth into first. Probably something with suspense. :) Speaking of suspense, if you are a romantic suspense fan, I'm hosting a giveaway that ends tomorrow morning. Please feel free to click on the banner above to sign up for the giveaway. So far, I haven't had many join it. It is for a good romantic suspense, so if you'd like a free ebook, please sign up to win!! You can find the Giveaway Here. If you'd like to know about the book, you can find my Review Here. Thanks!!


Back to the read-a-thon, I'm a cheerleader so I'll be trying to get around to a TON of blogs today, but if you leave me your link, I'll come to visit you as well. It might take me a while, but I'll get around to you. Enjoy and have fun!



Audio listening time/pages:
Kindle reading time / pages:
Total number of books I've read:
Total Pages Read:
Total Time Read: 53 hrs
Challenges Participated in:
Total blogs visited
Completed Books:


6 comments:

  1. So are you using this post to continually update during the day? Like you will tally the hours as you go? I'm a newby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I'll actually post separate ones. People do 'em both ways, but I prefer to do it as separate posts. You're on my list to visit, so I'll be by to check up on you. :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, donuts! I knew I forgot something. I love my sugar fixes during readathon! Good luck with your reading today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yummy!!! :) Got a lot of sugar in me already and a lot more waiting on me!! :D

      Delete
  3. Have fun today!!! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been contemplating an audio book or two next time. Thanks for your thoughts on this. Good to know I should go with a short book.

    Hope you are enjoying the day!

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete