photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Book Review ~ Her Grave Secrets by Kendra Elliot

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Book Review ~ Her Grave Secrets by Kendra Elliot

Finished ~ Her Grave Secrets (Rouge River 03) by Kendra Elliot
Completed 10/30
4 of 5 stars
unknown page novella


I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

Her Grave Secrets is the third book in the new "Rouge River" series by authors Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh, a series of novellas set in small town Solitude, Oregon.

My review of the other books in the series ~
On Her Father's Grave by Kendra Elliot ~ 4 stars
Gone to her Grave by Melinda Leigh ~ 3 stars


Her Grave Secrets continues the story of the town of Solitude and the people in it. In this book, we're back with Zane and Stevie, the duo from book one. In this story, another body has been found and they are wondering if, and how, it's connected to the recent drug problems in the area. They, along with Seth from book 2, are investigating.

This was another enjoyable book. I definitely prefer Stevie and Zane to Carly and Seth. I'm just not a fan of Carly. In this book, Stevie and Zane are just as adorable as they were in the first book, more settled as a couple and very much in love. This book was all about the suspense and the mystery of the drug problem instead of their relationship, which I prefer.

It definitely left me wondering what in the world is going on, and wanting to see how it all comes together in the next, and last, book. Though I'm not looking forward to reading about Carly, and specifically her work, I definitely need to see where this went, who is behind it all and find out the answer to the biggest question of all!!

A good solid read, enjoyable and quick. It keeps your attention but is a fast read. I really am loving Kendra's books, I don't think there's been one I haven't liked yet. I recommend this series for fans of romantic suspense, with more suspense than romance.

Setting = A
Plot = A
Conflict = B
Characters = A+
Theme = B



No comments:

Post a Comment