photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: You Read How Many Books? ~ Reading Challenge 2015

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

You Read How Many Books? ~ Reading Challenge 2015


I recently came across the "You Read How Many Books?" Challenge hosted by My Book Dragon and of course, I had to sign up for it! :)

The challenge is for people who read 100+ books in a year, and 150 was what I did the first year I started keeping track at GoodReads. I've always read a ton and I'm lucky to get a ton of time to read. I'm glad to have found a challenge to meet other people who read as much as, or more than, I do. :)

Details:

  • Read, read, read!
  • There are several levels to choose from
  1. Level 1: 100 minimum
  2. Level 2: 150
  3. Level 3: 200
  4. Level 4: 250 or more
  • You may move up a level but not down
  • You don't need a blog to participate. As long as wherever you link to is public so we can check out your books read.
  • Reviews are not necessary but a list of books read is. There will be a post in January so you can link up if you review (I may do quarterly)
  • No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
  • Books allowed: Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, picture books, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased/borrowed as such, the book counts.
  • Individual short stories in a collection or individual books in the Bible do not count
  • Crossovers from other reading challenges count - they'd have too!
  • Challenge begins January 1st, 2015 thru December 31, 2015. Books started before the 1st do not count. You can join at anytime.
  • Please sign up with a direct link so the rest of us can find your list of books read.

For 2015, I will start out by saying I'm going for level 3. I will most likely hit level 4, but since we can only go up in levels, not down, I'll go low (for me) just in case I have some dry spells reading wise (like if we get a PS4, like I am hoping for). 200 books is pretty easy for me, in general, right now for 2014 (beginning of Nov) I'm at 260 books. So, it'll definitely be at least 200 for me. I keep track at My GoodReads and I post a monthly reading log on the 1st of every month for a swap I do, so I'll have a running tally of posts/books through the year.

I look forward to meeting other bloggers who read this much as well. It's always nice to meet others who read 20-30 books a month.

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I wish I could read this much and I think it's great that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no longer participate in challenges, but good luck! 260 books with one month left is VERY impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I'd pop over and say hi...I just signed up for it too, starting at Level 1. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that, one day, I might be able to read this much! Best of luck hitting 250+ next year. :)

    ReplyDelete