photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: TBR List ~ Nov Review ~ Butterman's (Time) Travel, Inc

Saturday, November 29, 2014

TBR List ~ Nov Review ~ Butterman's (Time) Travel, Inc


The To Be Read Meme is hosted by Because Reading is Better Than Real Life. Click for more info!


At the beginning of November, I posted 3 books I was interested in reading, for you all to pick ONE for me to read and review. Like with last month, there was a TIE between two of the books. Unlike last month, I did NOT enjoy them both, sadly.

The books chosen for me were ~

As much as I wanted to like it, The Advent Killer was NOT for me. It was soooooo dull and boring. I only got through 27% of it on my Kindle, and that was trying to read it 4 or 5 different times. I still only know that some women were killed, I have no idea why, or anything else. It was just a bunch of standing around talking and stuff that didn't mean anything. I didn't get it at all. I kept going back to it, kept trying to see if it would get better and I finally admitted defeat, as nothing ever happened with it. It was a DNF at 27% and I don't recommend it, if you are looking for a serial killer book. It definitely did not deliver.

Thankfully I DID enjoy my other book, though it was weird and there were parts about it I didn't like, I did really like it for the most part.

Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc is about Bianca, a female time traveler. Her family owns and operates one of the few pleasure oriented travel companies. Bianca has been raised her whole life Time Traveling and helping out the business.

The book starts with star Tristan coming into the agency. He wants to time travel and will pay whatever it takes to do it right then. He wants Bianca to go along with him, but what is supposed to be a quick easy jump, turns out not so easy.


Overall, I really liked this book. It kept my interest throughout, and it was a different type of time traveling than what I have read before. There were definite parts that I did not like. Tristan is a recovering drug addict, and drugs played a part throughout the whole book, though it was an undercurrent of the book, but one that I didn't care for. Tristan is actually a bit of a jerk, but Bianca looks past that, of course. I do like Bianca. She's strong and smart though she does make some dumb decisions.

What I liked best about it was that there was actually something that was against them and what they were doing. When a mishap causes them to be found out in the past, they jumped to another time and that was all pretty neat, but all the undercurrent of something else going on that they don't know about for a while and don't understand when they do is pretty neat.

The book was overall pretty enjoyable and it really kept me wanting to know more and keep with it. Since I read the first book I have read the prequel which is Bianca's journals and that was pretty neat. I also read the next book in the series ~ Induction Day and did not enjoy it nearly as much. The time traveling part of the book was interesting, but all the stuff with Tristan got on my nerves. Instead of being a bit of a jerk like the first book, he was more of an ass, and Bianca just kept giving him chance after chance. Plus, there was just some other stuff that I didn't like about it, but I can't talk about it, without giving away details. I will probably try the next in the series, to see what all happens.


Thanks to everyone who voted for books in November TBR List Poll. Come back next week to vote for books for December!



3 comments:

  1. I am sad to hear the Advent Killer wasn't for you, although I agree it's better to just put the book down after several tried. I am glad you did enjoy your other book, I am not a fan of time travel, but the way it\'s used in that book as entertainment sounds original. Tristan doesn't sound like a ncie character though and I am not sure whether I could stand him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't like the Advent Killer, but I'm so excited you liked the Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc (since that's the one I voted for LOL). I love time travel travel books and the concept was interesting. Adding to my TBR for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear about The Advent Killer it sounded like a good one. Glad you liked the other one though! :)

    ReplyDelete