photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: 2014 Book of the Year Bracket Challenge ~ Bracket Reveal

Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 Book of the Year Bracket Challenge ~ Bracket Reveal



I'm here for the start of the 2014 Bracket Challenge. If you haven't joined up, Elle left open the signups open, so you can still join in!

I didn't think to keep the randomized Line Up, as Elle did, but I took my 64 choices and put them in a randomized location, though I did change a few around when I had some favorites up against each other.

I read 310 books on the year, and I initially had 50 books that I put into the bracket with ease. After that, I grabbed a few other 3.5 & 4 star books to fill in. I'm good with my bracket and I'm glad to share these books with you today. :)

Here are the books that I have used. Some of these books were moved around, and some were added, but books 1 through 50 I read in order. 51-64 are the books that I put in later to fill out.

01 ~ Cinder by Marissa Meyer
02 ~ Ashfall by Mike Mullin
03 ~ Game by Barry Lyga
04 ~ Hidden by Kendra Elliot
05 ~ Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
06 ~ Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
07 ~ Mr Penumbra's 24 hr Bookstore ~ Robin Sloan
08 ~ The Selection by Kiera Cass
09 ~ Redshirts by John Scalzi
10 ~ I Know Lucy by Melissa Pearl
11 ~ The Collector by Nora Roberts
12 ~ The Prediction by Darren Sugrue
13 ~ Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
14 ~ The Witness by Nora Roberts
15 ~ Her Last Whisper by Karen Robards
16 ~ The Wicked We Have Done by Sarah Harian
17 ~ The Promise by Robin Carr
18 ~ When Day Breaks by Maya Banks
19 ~ Game of Fear by Robin Perini
20 ~ Nil by Lynne Matson
21 ~ Innocent Prey by Maggie Shayne
22 ~ Nothing to Lose by Christy Reece
23 ~ Close Your Eyes by Iris Johansen
24 ~ Timebound by Rysa Walker
25 ~ The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
26 ~ The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
27 ~ An Evil Mind by Chris Carter
28 ~ S.E.C.R.E.T. by L. Marie Adeline
29 ~ Forgotten by Cat Patrick
30 ~ Rush by Eve Silver
31 ~ Dead Don't Lie by L.R. Nicolello
32 ~ Taken by Erin Bowman
33 ~ Sweet Dreams by Aaron Patterson
34 ~ The Rule of Thoughts by James Dashner
35 ~ Lock In by John Scalzi
36 ~ Festive in Death by JD Robb
37 ~ Shadow Man by Cody McFadyen
38 ~ 15 Minutes by Jill Cooper
39 ~ Running on Empty by Christy Reece
40 ~ The Shepherd by Ethan Cross
41 ~ InSight by Polly Iyer
42 ~ The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly
43 ~ Buttermans (Time) Travel by P.K. Hrezo
44 ~ The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh O'Brien
45 ~ Hover Car Racer by Matthew Reilly
46 ~ Horde by Ann Agiurre
47 ~ Crewel by Gennifer Albin
48 ~ Game by Anders Motte
49 ~ New Year Island by Paul Draker
50 ~ Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
51 ~ Power Play by Catherine Coulter
52 ~ Taking Liberty by Keith Houghton
53 ~ Doomed by Tracey Deebs
54 ~ The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott
55 ~ Hidden by Benedict Jacka
56 ~ Blood Line by John Davis
57 ~ Over the Line by Emmy Curtis
58 ~ Touch of Fever by Greg Cox
59 ~ Dirty Little Secrets by Liliana Hart
60 ~ The Big Blind by Nicolette Pierce
61 ~ Against the Wild by Kat Martin
62 ~ Dream Huntress by Michelle Sharp
63 ~ Invisible by James Patterson
64 ~ Buttefly by Kathryn Harvey





5 comments:

  1. This is so cool! So do they win a round based on what you rated them? I want to do this, but I'm not sure I understand everything we're doing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not necessarily by ratings, more by how you feel about the two up against each other. Both could be rated a 4, so which one did you like the best of the two? A pair could have been close, but going to how you feel about it now, you might look back on a 4 more fondly than something you rated a 5. It's really up to you. Just take the books you read, put it into the bracket (it doesn't have to be 64, you can start with 32 or 16 if you want) and then pick the best out of each bracket to move on to the next round. It's fun! If you click on the link or the photos above you can go see Elle's site and it'll give more info.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Thanks! I'm totally doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally should have switched out a few like you did! I had a couple of heartbreakers from the start. I nearly cried knowing that I was pitting Now I See You against Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. Oh well...such is the randomization of the bracket. Good luck choosing your winners for the next round!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should change some out! I couldn't have had my two favorites up against each other until the end. There were still some that got eliminated in the 1st round that would have gone to at least the 2nd round against something else, but my favorites worked out. I made sure my 4 favorites were each in a different section. :D

      Delete