photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: 2014 Book of the Year Bracket Challenge ~ Sweet Sixteen

Thursday, January 8, 2015

2014 Book of the Year Bracket Challenge ~ Sweet Sixteen



Hi all!

Just as a reminder about my bracket ~
  • I read 310 books in 2014, 299 of them new-to-me
  • I only used new-to-me books, NO re-reads were included
  • I only used ONE book per series
  • My list was mostly randomized
  • I DID move a few books around, so my best-of-best weren't against each other

It's time to get to the Sweet 16. Again, it was easy for me. There are a few that didn't make it through that may have made it, if it were up against something different. Notable books that didn't make it to the Sweet 16 ~


Next round is where it gets the hardest for me. I had some ones that I wanted to go through, but they couldn't, because they were up against something great. Until now, it's been mostly easy for me, with clear winners. This time, I did struggle over some, and those above got left out. For me, my hardest choice was between ~


Though those good books above got left out, they were mainly against REALLY great books and it was an easy choice. The hardest of the bunch, for me, was Forgotten against The Naturals, because it was the closest match. All the other ones were against some of my favorites, that'll make it all the way to the end. With this match-up, I decided to go with Forgotten because of the uniqueness of the story. Though The Naturals is unique as they use teens in the FBI, similar stuff has been done before. I've never read a book like Forgotten, where her past is completely a blank to her, and her only memories are of her future. It was a very unique and engaging story and that's why it continued on.

All that being said, let's get down to my Sweet 16!!

Have you read any of my Sweet 16? Was there a book that got left behind that you would have moved on? Which of my Sweet 16 sound the best to you? Which would you most likely read, if you haven't read any?




4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those, but I started listening to the Cruel Beauty audiobook on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost all of the ones I knew lost out, so now I'm intrigued. There may end up being a few to add to my TBR. Good luck with next round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why Timebound is sticking around—I'm enjoying it a lot so far (about 22% in), though I can't understand why Kate keeps telling random strangers about her time-traveling granny. You'd think that would be something you'd want to keep quiet! Maybe that's just me.

    Excited to see your next round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are enjoying it. It made it to my top 8, I really did love it a lot. There were definite faults, but overall, everything about it was so enjoyable!

      Delete