photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: GoodReads National Read-a-Thon "Day"

Thursday, January 22, 2015

GoodReads National Read-a-Thon "Day"


Anyone else find it weird that with GoodReads first Read-a-Thon DAY, their DAY lasts just 4 hours? Couldn't they have at least gone for 8?

Ah well, it's neat they are hosting their first. I wasn't going to bother, since reading 4 hours a day is really nothing for me, BUT my Hubby has decided He wants to take part, so I'm joining Him. He wants to do Dewey's in April (April 25th, if you don't already know) so He figured this would be a good way to get a little bit of read-a-thon experience before then. My Hubby loves to read, but He also loves to watch movies, and Netflix and play games, so reading isn't a priority for Him like it is for me. Typically He reads about an hour or two a day, between reading at work (if He's not playing Word Chums with me) and a little before bed at night. This will be nice to have Him sitting with me reading for a set time.

So, we're all set to go, and since GoodReads is having where you can Pledge to Read a book, I HAVE picked out my book for Sat. I know, crazy, huh? If you visit me often, you know I can NOT plan, but I just got this and it's always a good series (except for the prior book, which I didn't read) and I'm in LOVE with Vegas, so I think it's a good choice. My Hubby has also picked out His book to read.

Here's what we'll be reading on Saturday ~

Pledged To Read

(His book & my book)



Are you joining in? What will you be reading?!


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that he's going to join you! I pledged to read, also. I'm not sure I'll be able to get the full 4 hours in between my weekend duties, entertaining my daughter, and we have plans with friends in the evening. But I'm going to try! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete