photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: ARC Review ~ Pushing the Limit by Emmy Curtis

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

ARC Review ~ Pushing the Limit by Emmy Curtis

Finished ~ Pushing the Limit (Alpha Ops 02) by Emmy Curtis
Completed 10/22
3.5 of 5 stars
272 pages

I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review.

Over the Line by Emmy Curtis ~ my review of the 1st book in the series.

In Pushing the Limits, Henrietta (Harry) who we meet in the first book, is sent to Iraq on a dig. There, she finds what appears to be a piece of an aircraft. A man is sent to investigate and it just happens to be the same man she met at the wedding (in the first book) whom she had a passing erotic encounter with that night. Matt is thrilled to have found Harry again, until he finds out she's the widow of his fallen best friend.

Together they are trying to figure out the mystery of what went down and who all the people are that are also looking in the same area. Danger looms, as does their desire for each other.


This book was very different than the first. The first book was all about the sex and romance with a little bit of action thrown in. This one a little more action, a lot more questions and a lot less sex and romance. I liked Harry and Matt but the others were marginally unlikable in certain ways. The storyline was OK. While I had to laugh at Harry's stating that The Mummy movie helped her decide to become an archeologist (that's my favorite movie) that kind of stuff doesn't really appeal to me so I found some of the talk about the actual dig and what they were doing to be boring, but all the action was fantastic. I also thought I had the "bad guy" figured out from the start and I was pleasantly surprised to be mainly wrong. Yay for not making it obvious!!

Overall this book was a fairly action packed romantic suspense, light on the romance a bit more on the action. It has good characters, a good story and it keeps your attention to the end. I suggest this series for any fans of romantic suspense, particularly with a military aspect to it.


Setting = B
Plot = B
Conflict = A+
Characters = A
Theme = A




No comments:

Post a Comment