photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 17

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 17



Day 17 - I didn't write on the story today. I did do light edits, just going through and fixing the biggest mistakes, like my overuse of the word "that" and the phrase "a little", as well as fixing spelling mistakes and double words. It's the little things I focused on today, since it's still not time to do an overhaul of it.

The biggest thing I did for today was write a blurb!! I was actually quite nervous about the blurb but it ended up going really REALLY well, well in my opinion anyways. Three people have read it so far and loved it too. YAY!!

Will you tell me what you think? :)



Blurb:


          Seeking to escape her past and establish a new life for herself, Ripley Owens lands in Bijou Basin. In the quaint progressive town, Ripley endeavors to find solace, eager to discover herself once more. An advertisement for an erotic nude photographer catches her eye, and she books a session, hoping to reclaim her identity.

          When a shy goddess enters her studio, Kenzie Holliday is instantly intrigued. After an evening of photos turns flirty and sexual, Kenzie finds herself reluctant to let the beauty go. She asks to see Ripley again, surprised and delighted when she agrees.

          Ripley likes Kenzie but doubts plague her. Kenzie is polyamorous and married, something Ripley has never experienced. New possibilities open up before her, both intriguing and scaring her. Does she want to date someone so complicated? How could she ever matter, if the person she dates already has their soulmate?




I'm hesitantly looking for places to find Critique Partners or Beta Readers. I'm not to that stage yet, but as no one has read the story beyond the original prompt, and that was only read by 3 others, I'd like some feedback, initially on the story / characters. I know this is only getting a couple views, but if anyone has any good suggestions, please let me a comment.


For Camp NaNoWriMo I am challenging myself to write 50,000 words.

Camp NaNoWriMo Progress

Total for NaNo: 40,370/ 50,000 words
Story Novel Total: 56,620 words

  • Day 01: 2,105 words written
  • Day 02: 3,325 words written
  • Day 03: 3,483 words written
  • Day 04: 2,633 words written
  • Day 05: 5,937 words written
  • Day 06: Day off for Dewey's - 5 Books Read
  • Day 07: 4,327 words written
  • Day 08: 4,020 words written
  • Day 09: 2,615 words written
  • Day 10: 4,323 words written
  • Day 11: A day of Editing
  • Day 12: 1,513 words written (not on main project)
  • Day 13: 2,401 words written
  • Day 14: 0 words written
  • Day 15: 3,425 words written
  • Day 16: 2,676 words written
  • Day 17: A day of Editing & Blurb writing



For anyone interested, my story is EROTICA featuring the following themes: F/F sex, FFM threesomes, BDSM & Polyamory. What I'll do with the story when it's done, I'm not sure.

I'd love to hear from anyone else doing Camp NaNo, now or if you have previously. Thank you for any interest you take in my accountability here.



No comments:

Post a Comment