photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Camp NaNoWriMo - Days 14 & 15

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Camp NaNoWriMo - Days 14 & 15



Day 14 - I ended taking off completely. While I did open my Quoll (the software I write with) I did very little, tweaking an edit here or there. Mainly I needed a recharge and didn't do anything with it.

Day 15 - I was back in the groove of writing, wrote over 3400 words when I learned about Notre Dame. That put a damper on my mood so I stopped writing. I'm an Atheist and I could care less about the religious parts of Notre Dame, but as a historical and architectural building, the loss is so very sad. I'm glad it wasn't worse and the shell could be saved. Anyways, needed to say, the lives of my fictional characters, though I love them, just didn't matter so I stopped writing for the day. Still, it was productive until that point and I'm trying to start thinking of a way to start bring the story to a close.


Half Way Thoughts:

It's half way through the month and Camp (my first ever if you are just seeing this now) is wildly successful. I've written at least something 12 of 15 days and I've written a lot. At half way through Camp, I sit at 76% of my goal complete. I won't need the rest of the month to hit 50k, though I won't just stop at 50k, instead I will write until my story is complete. Then, when I have more time in Camp, I will likely start heavy edits. I know the story is very rough and even bad in some places, but Camp was just about getting the story out, and that's what I've done. It's been fun! Will I do Camp or the main NaNoWriMo again? If I have another story to tell, I will. How this one is, lends it to continue, so we'll see!


I'm hesitantly looking for places to find Critique Partners or Beta Readers. I'm not to that stage yet, but as no one has read the story beyond the original prompt, and that was only read by 3 others, I'd like some feedback, initially on the story / characters. I know this is only getting a couple views, but if anyone has any good suggestions, please let me a comment.


For Camp NaNoWriMo I am challenging myself to write 50,000 words.





Camp NaNoWriMo Progress

Total for NaNo: 37,694/ 50,000 words
Story Novel Total: 54,014 words

  • Day 01: 2,105 words written
  • Day 02: 3,325 words written
  • Day 03: 3,483 words written
  • Day 04: 2,633 words written
  • Day 05: 5,937 words written
  • Day 06: Day off for Dewey's - 5 Books Read
  • Day 07: 4,327 words written
  • Day 08: 4,020 words written
  • Day 09: 2,615 words written
  • Day 10: 4,323 words written
  • Day 11: A day of Editing
  • Day 12: 1,513 words written (not on main project)
  • Day 13: 2,401 words written
  • Day 14: 0 words written
  • Day 15: 3,425 words written



For anyone interested, my story is EROTICA featuring the following themes: F/F sex, FFM threesomes, BDSM & Polyamory. What I'll do with the story when it's done, I'm not sure.

I'd love to hear from anyone else doing Camp NaNo, now or if you have previously. Thank you for any interest you take in my accountability here.



No comments:

Post a Comment