photo KaKiJoKoJa_zps6827954d.gif
Karsyn's Kickass Jocoserious, Kooky, Jannock book blog: Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up



Another Read-a-Thon completed. It was a fun one, though I took it easy with this one. With my last Bout of Books I completed 20 books in a week. This time I finished 19 in 2 weeks. It was fun but nice not to push so hard. :) Didn't want to get burned out again.

Here's what I did for my time ~



With Tackle Your TBR RaT, I ended with these stats ~
  • I completed 6 Challenges
  • I read for 53 Hours
  • I completed 19 books
  • I completed 22 comics (19 Arkham Chapters + 2 Warehouse 13 + 1 RE)
  • I read 3,898 pages (not including comics)
  • Books read were: 5 novels, 6 novellas & 5 short stories on my Kindle Fire
  • I listened to 3 novels audiobooks



The Goals:

  • Read at least 13 books ~ Completed 19 books
  • Read at least the next 6 digital chapters of Arkham Unhinged ~ Completed 19 + 3 others
  • Read at least 6 books of the ones I pick out, if not all ~ Completed 6 + 1 DNF
  • Visit no less than 10 blogs a day, commenting on most ~ Visited ones listed daily
  • Do all the challenges I can ~ Did all the challenges but 1, no giveaways only
  • Have Fun!


When I was trying to come up with something to do for this RaT to figure out what I was going to read, I decided to do a spell-it-out of "Tackle Your TBR" (using titles or authors only) with at least 6 of the following books. I'm not a planner, at all, so if I actually read 6, I was going to be shocked and pleased with that!! I ended up starting SEVEN of the ones I picked out, but one ended up a DNF. So I did read and complete 6! Then I used other books to spell out "Tackle Your TBR RaT"! :) Plus, I had a few left over as well. Here are the books I initially picked out that I hoped to choose 6 from ~

The Possible Books:





Spell-it-out Completed:


T ~ Touch of Fever ~ ★★★★
A ~ Aftermath, The ~ DNF
C ~ Cassandra Clare ~ The Iron Trail ~ ★★★
K ~ Kendra Elliot ~ On her Father's Grave (My Review) ~ ★★★★
L ~ Lucky Day ~ ★★★
E ~ Envy ~ ★★★★

Y ~ Yard, The ~ ★★★
O ~ Olsen, Gregg ~ Betrayal ~ ★★★
U ~ Unhinged ~ ★★★
R ~ Rowling, JK ~ Fantastic Beasts ~ ★★★

T ~ Tales of Beedle Bard ~ ★★★
B ~ Broken Dolls ~ ★★★
R ~ Rowling, JK ~ Quidditch through the Ages ~ ★★★

R ~ Ruse ~ ★★
A ~ AJax Penumbra 1969 ~ ★★★
T ~ Time's Echo ~ (Review to come) ~ ★★★★★

Extras ~ Career Day ★★, Neutral Mask ★★★, Blood Boy ★★ & Long Gone ★★★


The Completed Books:




The Completed Comics / Digital Chapters:





Books started, not Finished:



The Progress:


Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 13 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 12 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 11 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 10 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 9 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 8 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Mid-Point Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 6 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 5 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 4 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 3 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 2 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Day 1 Update
Tackle Your TBR RaT ~ Sign Up & Goals





5 comments:

  1. Holy Cow you read so much! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so well!! I loved seeing what comics you were reading too. :) Hope to see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a pretty neat way to figure out what to read! And 19 books is great.

    ReplyDelete